DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Says There's a Mavic Pro II Coming?

Maxheadspace

Reactions
Tremendous hype in the last several months about the anticipated release of the Mavic Pro II. DJI has never announced that it is creating a Mavic Pro II, have they? Has a Mavic Pro II been demo'd at CES, or IWCE, or anywhere in the world? I saw comments this time last year speculating about the pending release of the Mavic Pro II, but obviously that didn't happen. I admit, recent drops in the price of the original Mavic Pro tend to signal something is coming, but the only thing pointing to a Mavic Pro II is speculation. Does anyone have anything solid from DJI? Or is this simply self-perpetuating rumor?

DJI has never announced that it is creating a Mavic Pro II, have they?
No. They usually don't announce/leak info far in advance of actual release dates.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a new Mavic model coming out (at some point). The Mavic Pro is no doubt one of DJI's best selling drones.

Nothing's been announced, but it's just impossible they wouldn't come up with one. The only question is when.

DJI seems to emulate Apple tactics in the way they announce new products and in making sure there is enough ‘leaked’ info to keep us interested. The other is the experience factor DJI has released to market over 30 drones.
I hope they reflect back from the last few releases where waiting lists for the new hardware were the norm. Build up the hardware inventory then announce.

Last edited:
No. They usually don't announce/leak info far in advance of actual release dates.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a new Mavic model coming out (at some point).

Primarily true. They gave maybe a week advance teaser of the Mavic Air coming out, but they do also give announcements of upcoming announcements. And it's at the announcements where they reveal new models. No announcements on the horizon that I know of. And they did come out with new Mavic models: the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Mavic Air. Like everyone, I do hope they come out with a Pro II, but for me only if it has a 1 inch sensor.

Smart companies will never announce or leak a new model far ahead of the release date because it would kill sales of their current product. (Osborne effect)

The people who really know if there's a Mavic Pro II are the ones where DJI gives them to test, so they can release a review of it as soon as DJI officially announces it. But these people are sworn to secrecy...
Everyone else should dial down their frenzy until DJI actually gives a preview of a new product announcement. Too many people crying wolf. Soon people won't care when rumors says a Mavic II will be announced in March, April, May, June, etc ... It's like Mavicophilias need some excitement once a month. ;)

Do we really need a magic pro 2? How could they improve such a great "small" drone? You just buy a different model if you want something better

Reactions: Skymax
Something is coming

Over the years, DJI has reshaped the way creative minds view the world. Now, we're changing the way you work in it. Stay tuned for what's next on March 28th.

IMG_3965.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: aerialgirl
From a good source, DJI has close to 40 UAVs on the table or ready for release. They have their strategy for marketing that has been working very well so far. If there is a Mavic II (2) which some sources suggest, I would think their strategy would be to wait until the release of the Autel EVO which will be the only UAV in it's class to give it competition. Why release it sooner when the Mavic Pro is at the top of the list and sells so well. My question would be will they release it with the first generation of the EVO, or wait until the second generation EVO with a 1 inch sensor is released, supposedly in 3rd quarter of the year. In either case, if a Mavic II is released with a 1 inch sensor and it's quality is equal to or better than the current Mavic Pro, it will be a winner and I for one will be upgrading my two.

Reactions: tictag and Pablo
Something is coming

Over the years, DJI has reshaped the way creative minds view the world. Now, we're changing the way you work in it. Stay tuned for what's next on March 28th.

View attachment 34209
Oooo... let the rumour and speculation frenzy begin. It'd be funny if it's another drone that is NOT Mavic 2.

Reactions: wowography
When and if they do announce a Mavic II we will all be the first to know ;)

Reactions: Maxheadspace
From a good source, DJI has close to 40 UAVs on the table or ready for release. They have their strategy for marketing that has been working very well so far. If there is a Mavic II (2) which some sources suggest, I would think their strategy would be to wait until the release of the Autel EVO which will be the only UAV in it's class to give it competition. Why release it sooner when the Mavic Pro is at the top of the list and sells so well. My question would be will they release it with the first generation of the EVO, or wait until the second generation EVO with a 1 inch sensor is released, supposedly in 3rd quarter of the year. In either case, if a Mavic II is released with a 1 inch sensor and it's quality is equal to or better than the current Mavic Pro, it will be a winner and I for one will be upgrading my two.

If I was DJI I would wait until the final spec of the EVO was decided then release the Mavic Pro before it. Why let the EVO get an early jump on them?

I really hope the EVO is as good as people are hoping for, as DJI need competition, and a viable alternative. Sadly I fear DJI are so dominant in the market now that it's almost impossible to compete with them.

Reactions: Maxheadspace
If I was DJI I would wait until the final spec of the EVO was decided then release the Mavic Pro before it. Why let the EVO get an early jump on them?

I really hope the EVO is as good as people are hoping for, as DJI need competition, and a viable alternative. Sadly I fear DJI are so dominant in the market now that it's almost impossible to compete with them.

The other variable I wonder about is the new tariff the president just put on China. Whether it includes the drone industry and how it will be effected. Will it raise their prices, if so, Autel may have a little help competing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13