Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2

7w maybe at a push, definitely not 70w

as I have obstacle avoidance off the rear sensors arnt a biggie for me

The camera sensor & battery I think are the only selling point at the moment

official info release said to be February with product launch October

Reactions: Bunny Too
The source of the rumors and drawings is the same person who leaked the Phantom 5 and the Zenmuse X7 DJI products. In short:
  • Same design but larger
  • Rear vision system
  • 1" image sensor
  • Improved imaging settings
  • 4820 mAh battery
  • 35-minutes flight time

mavic21.jpg mavic22.jpg mavic23.jpg mavic24.jpg

Reactions: kidroc
I hope that they design the camera/gimbal assy better on this 1.
Right now it's the weakest part of this drone, 1 good crash and that's it.

Reactions: angusc
I call bull... unless Mavic 2 is going to be 2.3x bigger in all dimensions (and weighing something like 5lbs), you can't have a 2.3x bigger sensor/camera assembly and have the same proportions as Mavic 1.

But their smilies are much better than ours.
4.gif
41.gif

Reactions: Brojon and phantomi
I thought you drew these as a joke
:D

That guy always creates those crude sketches. Many of his past sketches have turned out to be true.

Reactions: Ryan.
With 1" image sensor, wouldn't the camera be significantly bigger than what it seems in concept drawings? (unless the whole Mavic 2 is substantially bigger)
Yup. I believe the rumor "details" stated that it is the same basic design but larger (in scale).

I'm certainly not ready to discount this rumor; the author's history lends credibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I call bull... unless Mavic 2 is going to be 2.3x bigger in all dimensions (and weighing something like 5lbs), you can't have a 2.3x bigger sensor/camera assembly and have the same proportions as Mavic 1.

But their smilies are much better than ours.
4.gif
41.gif
I don't see why not, people lift bottles of water and such.
A camera with innards similar to P4 is feasible, not sure about any zoom unless digital.

I like how the next reply to the Chinese thread was "buy buy buy buy buy...."

I've been regularly posting over at phantompilots.com, and one of my frequent reiterations there is on my opinion of what a Phantom 5 should be. I was really happy with my P4, especially since I fly mostly Litchi WP mission since the camera is fixed focus. My flights are distant so I can't focus during the mission. One thing, that started me to turn from the Phantom line is the cracking of the airframe even though the bird is flown with care. Once information started coming in about the difference in airframes, the MP started to grow on me.

My basic desire for the Phantom 5 is that it is just a larger Mavic Pro - a camera forward, battery rearward/top mounted and folding design. The one thing really different would be the larger size so it can be more stable in stronger winds and be able to carry larger cameras. There is no way in heck that they could go wrong with that design.

With all of that and the information in this Chinese thread about the gen 2 being larger, I'm wondering if this really isn't a Phantom killer. There needs to be a pro-sumer bird that replaces the Phantom series or continues it because they are so heavily used in business and public service. If this purported gen 2 MP is larger than the 1st gen but smaller than the Phantom series, there may no be a Phantom 5. There is an even more remote possibility to have the next generation Phantom may be even fill a niche between the larger 2nd gen MP and the Inspire line more geared for the pro-sumer customers who would use it more for professional or service use.

Again, this is all just speculation, but it still hits me that it is VERY strange that DJI would up this new bird's size when the concept is for it to be so portable, even fitting in someone's pocket. You will have to have some pretty big pockets for this new bird to fit it....strange.

Reactions: DCDronePilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique