DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2

Ugh, I hope it isn't bigger. That said, I'm sure the camera/gimbal setup has to be larger to accommodate a 1", so maybe there are body impacts to that which let them put a bigger battery on it.

So, if this is true, just hoping it is as portable in backpacks and such as the original.

Of course by mid 2018 the U.S. drone laws/restrictions are going to be so strict you'll be flying a flight plan if/when you get to fly. That environment will impact my purchase decision more than new features.

I hope it is just as portable if not more so than the first Mavic Pro. If it isn't, they will certainly lose market share due to customer loss from making the aircraft larger.

Nah. Those laws won't be strict. And if they ever do get that way, nobody will pay attention. The FAA is not staffed enough to watch over drones.

Maybe the Mavic 2 is going to be DJI's spin off, of the Phavic? Now that would be cool!

Reactions: Howcroft22
I hope it is just as portable if not more so than the first Mavic Pro. If it isn't, they will certainly lose market share due to customer loss from making the aircraft larger.

Nah. Those laws won't be strict. And if they ever do get that way, nobody will pay attention. The FAA is not staffed enough to watch over drones.

From what I heard it’s going to be larger. The people who complain about its size can get a Mavic Air. The people who complain about the MPs camera can get the Pro II. It’s supposedly going to be a larger, Mavic shaped Phantom 4 Pro, with 30+ minute flight time.

From what I heard it’s going to be larger. The people who complain about its size can get a Mavic Air. The people who complain about the MPs camera can get the Pro II. It’s supposedly going to be a larger, Mavic shaped Phantom 4 Pro, with 30+ minute flight time.

I heard larger, but only the areas around the camera. I heard it should remain about the same size as the Mavic Pro but more beefed up in some areas to reinforce the camera and accommodate the new camera.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I heard larger, but only the areas around the camera. I heard it should remain about the same size as the Mavic Pro but more beefed up in some areas to reinforce the camera and accommodate the new camera.

Hopefully this is the case. Really want to wait on the MP2 but if it's too much bigger than the MP then I may be out.

IMG_3711.JPG

Here's a better use of everyone's time - for those who want REAL information about the Mavic 2...
ee85ced4999175db3c32900739af7f5d.gif

Not my image, but posted on Twitter...

SSixks.jpg

Not my image, but posted on Twitter...

Reactions: Hauptmann
Reactions: Gringorio
Any more word? Saw where it had a release date, and was canceled due to gimble issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153