DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro II

FYI, the source of those updates is OsitaLV on Twitter. Follow him there to get the latest updates.

Reactions: Kvark
It would be nice if they made it bigger with a bigger sensor and better gimbal. I’ll be all over that.

Reactions: Soft7
There are way too many drones out there for traveling we need something bigger. The inspire one that’s bad ***.

Reactions: Dronin
It has to come with 1 inch sensor same as P4P, then a good deal, no matter if expensive, will get it.

I expect this to be the most popular drone ever produced, until the next one.

Reactions: HiKen51
The DJI reps on RCGroups are really trying to discredit rumors from this source. I think they are afraid that the Mavic 2 will be a disappointment like the Mavic Air and not live up to the over-hyped expectations. It appears likely to me that it will not be released in March and will not have a 1" sensor when it is released.

I expect this to be the most popular drone ever produced, until the next one.
Calling all test pilots! It seems to me that it takes about a year to work all if not most of the bugs out of the hardware and software before the aircraft is suitable for regular missions. While I like the full coverage obstacle avoidance, the 1-inch camera sensor is not enough for me to test drive a new drone for DJI. Like I've said before the original Mavic and platinum is a reliable platform that's easy to transport.

The DJI reps on RCGroups are really trying to discredit rumors from this source. I think they are afraid that the Mavic 2 will be a disappointment like the Mavic Air and not live up to the over-hyped expectations. It appears likely to me that it will not be released in March and will not have a 1" sensor when it is released.

Do you really believe that DJI Reps would actually confirm specs on an unreleased product?? That’s grounds for firing and possible lawsuit.

Yes. Because of the folding wings. And I’m sure it will keep the overall look.

I suppose you're right, I guess I tend to think of the Mavic as being a moderately powerful package made as portable as possible. Maybe that'd still be the case in a way, but a "substantial" size increase just tells me it's something new. Just my opinion, they are free to name it how they wish.

I'd like to see these new features and camera on the same size bird as we have now, that would be something worth me upgrading for. If it's just going to get substantially bigger I'll keep mine and hope that some newer generation can achieve it.

I think of it as a 'new size' of drone. A sport utility vehicle of the drone world. Bigger than a car and smaller than a truck.

Do you really believe that DJI Reps would actually confirm specs on an unreleased product?? That’s grounds for firing and possible lawsuit.
Of course I would not expect them to confirm unreleased specs. I would expect them to be silent about it, but now they are very vocal in implying that the rumors are false. They have not done this in the past on previous models.
Perhaps it is fear of the Osborne effect.

Interesting 'unofficial update', if it is to be believed the son of Mavic will be something pretty special.....

DJI Mavic Pro II – an update to what maybe become a monster drone
Here's hoping the Mavic II has significant upgrades overall. DJI needs to up their game now with these drones. I seen enough middle of the road wifi drones that may be cool and small, but do not raise the bar when shooting or flying. I don't need a Mavic II in multiple colors or follows me in the dark. I looking for a Mavic that flies farther and longer, better camera with a zoom lens, can challenge any wind, yet is still small enough to pack away and carry easily. DJI talks about innovation...the time is now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi