DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Rid Module

dogman1313

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have some concerns about the Mavic 2 pro software update, if you are using dronehacks or something similar, will the update cause an issue? Also if I use a dronetag beacon module ,what would I need to do to register the drone and module with the FAA to be compliant?
Thanks in advance

My understanding is that any updates installed after using dronehacks or NLZ over rights that software.
I’m personally using a module specifically for this reason.
I use NLZ because I’ve struggled with DJI limiting my flights unnecessarily even when I have Laanc approval. (One less hoop to jump through)

Reactions: Starz
I would think the reason folks would use Dronehacks and so on, would be to get around regulations. So why would those folks worry about RID as well, I'm one of those crazy people who actually try to follow the rules. I don't know anything about Dronehacks and maybe there's a good reason for it, but I've just never found one. The Mavic 2 Pro is a great machine and works very well with the DJI firmware. It now has native RID as well after the latest updates.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
We all know that the DJI geozones are not entirely accurate. I've flown mapping projects where their geozone intrudes just a tiny sliver into of the back of the properties. This creates a MAJOR issue when trying to complete a portion of the last leg of the mission. I could either use my parrot anafi which is not even close to the equivalent of the M2P therefore I installed dronehacks just in case this happens to me again. I'm not going to lose a decent paycheck due to the geozone stopping my drone 10-20' from the inside edge of the property.

Reactions: KB9Radio
I would think the reason folks would use Dronehacks and so on, would be to get around regulations. So why would those folks worry about RID as well, I'm one of those crazy people who actually try to follow the rules. I don't know anything about Dronehacks and maybe there's a good reason for it, but I've just never found one. The Mavic 2 Pro is a great machine and works very well with the DJI firmware. It now has native RID as well after the latest updates.
People have various reasons to use drone hacks or similar programs. I chose to use a program to be able to use my drones in the manner that should be able to fly. DJI has areas locked that are open areas, block access even when you have an approved LANNC request and reasons such as this make programs popular. I shouldn't have to ask DJI permission on where to fly my drone in the USA. That should be between the pilot and the FAA and not DJI. Please don't assume that everyone who chooses to use a program is going break the rules. As per your question concerning RID, it was only to determine if a broadcast module would be a better option rather than the software download.

We all know that the DJI geozones are not entirely accurate. I've flown mapping projects where their geozone intrudes just a tiny sliver into of the back of the properties. This creates a MAJOR issue when trying to complete a portion of the last leg of the mission. I could either use my parrot anafi which is not even close to the equivalent of the M2P therefore I installed dronehacks just in case this happens to me again. I'm not going to lose a decent paycheck due to the geozone stopping my drone 10-20' from the inside edge of the property.
I fully understand where you are coming from, I had a LANNC approval to fly a construction site within 2 miles from a airport and DJI blocked the drone from flying the mission. I had to DL dronehacks, submit for a authorization and was able to complete the mission. If I hadn't had dronehacks the mission would have been lost.

Reactions: tiltedviewsbykyle

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne