DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC PRO MODDED

koreandude79

Reactions
Does anyone know where I can send in my DJI RC Pro to get it professionally modified to work with an alientech duo ii at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can send in my DJI RC Pro to get it professionally modified to work with an alientech duo ii at a reasonable price? Thanks.
Are you hoping for better signal range than the stock configuration of 15km away, which already exceeds the battery capacity on a round trip? Are you also adding a battery mod to the aircraft to increase the stock flight time of 46 minutes? Otherwise, the Alientech Duo on the RC Pro is useless overkill, and is unlikely to offer any benefit. The Alientech Duo was designed to overcome the realistic lousy signal range (less than a mile) of earlier Autel aircraft like the Autel Evo and the Evo Pro V1. On DJI aircraft with OS3+ and a stock 15km range, you'll run out of battery before you see any increase in distance, unless you are adding external batteries, too!

Of the controllers that I tried to enhance the range on, wasn’t worth the effort. Some of these antenna systems become VERY directional and can be bothersome trying to find the proper angles.
Your flying environment will have substantial effects on your range. If you feel like there is a range issue with what you currently have, try some different areas to verify your equipment’s abilities.

Are you hoping for better signal range than the stock configuration of 15km away, which already exceeds the battery capacity on a round trip? Are you also adding a battery mod to the aircraft to increase the stock flight time of 46 minutes? Otherwise, the Alientech Duo on the RC Pro is useless overkill, and is unlikely to offer any benefit. The Alientech Duo was designed to overcome the realistic lousy signal range (less than a mile) of earlier Autel aircraft like the Autel Evo and the Evo Pro V1. On DJI aircraft with OS3+ and a stock 15km range, you'll run out of battery before you see any increase in distance, unless you are adding external batteries, too!
Better gain can also mean better penetration through obstacles. For me I'd be interested in the mod like that, but not necessarily distance :)

Honestly,
I own all the Alientech mods antenas. Unless you also add a booster inside the drone as well does not worth it. Also NLD cloned the superdji and they offer the same board.

I didn't read the whole thread, but just so you know, people aren't just buying "range" extenders just to extend range. It's more about flying through areas with high interference. For me, I bought my alientech transmitter to fly low and on the other side of trees and housing complexes without getting my signal blocked every time the drone and RC were separated by a physical object, like house rooftops and swaths of forest.

Now I can, for example, fly 500-1000 ft away, fly on the other side of a housing complex or forest and reduce my height to 20 ft and still be connected to my drone. I can even land my drone on a building roof top, maintain a connection, and then take off again, even though the signal has to pass through the building to the roof top. Without the alientech "extender" I wouldn't be able to fly on the other side of buildings, or trees, or over the roofs of buildings without losing the signal.

I also like that the alientech antenna lets me fly down a hilly field that may be covered with some brush and trees and then land 1000 ft away on the ground and take off again. It's amazing how Alientech's antenna's improve signal strength through terrain, trees, and manmade structures.

I guess , from a sales standpoint, saying "buy this interference reducer" doesn't quite have the impact as "buy this range extender."

I didn't read the whole thread, but just so you know, people aren't just buying "range" extenders just to extend range. It's more about flying through areas with high interference. For me, I bought my alientech transmitter to fly low and on the other side of trees and housing complexes without getting my signal blocked every time the drone and RC were separated by a physical object, like house rooftops and swaths of forest.

Now I can, for example, fly 500-1000 ft away, fly on the other side of a housing complex or forest and reduce my height to 20 ft and still be connected to my drone. I can even land my drone on a building roof top, maintain a connection, and then take off again, even though the signal has to pass through the building to the roof top. Without the alientech "extender" I wouldn't be able to fly on the other side of buildings, or trees, or over the roofs of buildings without losing the signal.

I also like that the alientech antenna lets me fly down a hilly field that may be covered with some brush and trees and then land 1000 ft away on the ground and take off again. It's amazing how Alientech's antenna's improve signal strength through terrain, trees, and manmade structures.

I guess , from a sales standpoint, saying "buy this interference reducer" doesn't quite have the impact as "buy this range extender."
Sounds like you are merely reproducing current OS4+ performance, which has been said to offer similar benefits. However, as long as the buyer can achieve the same impressive benefits you have enjoyed in their own environment, I can see the need for it on OS3+ aircraft, under those circumstances.

Did you run tests with and without the Alientech amp on the RC Pro on the Mavic 2 Pro in the same environment to establish that the mod was the real reason for the improved performance, where LOS is badly obstructed ?

Sounds like you are merely reproducing current OS4+ performance, which has been said to offer similar benefits. However, as long as the buyer can achieve the same impressive benefits you have enjoyed in their own environment, I can see the need for it on OS3+ aircraft, under those circumstances.

Did you run tests with and without the Alientech amp on the RC Pro on the Mavic 2 Pro in the same environment to establish that the mod was the real reason for the improved performance, where LOS is badly obstructed ?
I fly a Mav 3E w O3+ and DJI Air3 with O4+. At least that's what I think they use.

I can only compare the signal strength of the mav 3E between when it had it's stock antennas and the alientech amplified antenna. There is significant Anti interference and better range signals with the alientech vs the original stock setup.

The Air 3 which I assume has the O4+ system has much less signal strength than the modded mav3E setup. I'm going to mod the Air3 controller soon and put the Alientech antenna on it. I'll try updating you all when I do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas