DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech booster and dji white goggles

Hunttr

Reactions
Hello all, I'm looking at Aleinrech Duo ii boosted antenna for my Mavic 2 Pro zoom to improve reception in wooded areas.I only use my drone with dji white goggles.The question I have is: Do the goggles get there signal from the controller or straight from the drone? If the goggles get the signal straight from the drone then obviously the Alientech booster for the remote contoler wouldn't do me any good. Thanks for any replies

Do the goggles get there signal from the controller or straight from the drone?

Yes, the goggles communicate with the drone, and the goggles using occusync basically have the same range for the drone as the controller.
I'm not 100% sure the alientech will not still help you though, the controller must be still a priority in flight control, so probable you will get better signal penetration with it through vegetation etc.

Whether the goggles can 'keep up' with any signal gain is an unknown.
If the controller works great to get through the interference of tree canopy / bushes etc, and the goggles don't, you could obviously lose vision.

If you are using an ipad or phone etc too while the goggles are hooked up, that could save you in that case, just tilt up the goggles to regain some vision on the device screen.

You will have to try it I think, and report back.

This just popped up in the classifieds . . .

Yes, the goggles communicate with the drone, and the goggles using occusync basically have the same range for the drone as the controller.
I'm not 100% sure the alientech will not still help you though, the controller must be still a priority in flight control, so probable you will get better signal penetration with it through vegetation etc.

Whether the goggles can 'keep up' with any signal gain is an unknown.
If the controller works great to get through the interference of tree canopy / bushes etc, and the goggles don't, you could obviously lose vision.

If you are using an ipad or phone etc too while the goggles are hooked up, that could save you in that case, just tilt up the goggles to regain some vision on the device screen.

You will have to try it I think, and report back.
The visual image with the goggles is always the first thing to go followed soon by the controller loosing the signal. Video will stop recording the same time that the controller loses signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne