DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro II

The ones being built right now, contain every single problem that Mavic II will ever have.
DJI customer service isn't customer orientated.
I will wait just a bit.

Reactions: projockey
I find the mavic pro a awesome Drone buy longer flight time and maybe better range for longer distances be nice. Also a wider camera lens like the phantom 4.

For me to switch to another drone. I have the following list:

Requirements (If it doesn't have this, I won't buy it):

• BETTER CAMERA
  • BETTER GIMBAL

Wishes (would be nice to have, but will not pull me over the edge):
  • Sames size, at least not bigger
  • Longer flying time
  • Better/more reliable app with no data logging towards DJI
  • Rear/side obstacle avoidance
  • Same or equal range
  • Controller with basic display

Don't care for:
  • More colors
  • More "smart" flying features such as selfieshots
  • Gesture control
Can not have (if it has this, I will probably not buy it):
  • Larger
  • Same camera/gimbal
  • shorter flying time

If I'm forced to purchase a lot of new accessories and batteries, it will take some major upgrades before I consider leaving my MP behind. Every new model uses proprietary systems so you need different batteries, chargers, and controllers not to mention all the aftermarket stuff. I can't afford to be continuously replacing all that equipment each year. It just isn't in my wallet. Actually a second drone will probably another MP or MPP if I can get the aircraft only for a reasonable price. Perhaps we'll see a 5 rotor Phantom that has a better camera and folding landing gear making it more portable. Who knows what's in line.

Reactions: sohph
DJI has an ear to the ground when it comes to their model upgrades, with Autel showing the EVO at CES, a "Mavic Pro" like unit with a 1" Sony sensor, I can't imagine DJI would not try to top that. No real need for another Mavic with a 1/23 sensor. I really hope Autel can bring the EVO to market, they do have awesome customer support, they actually answer emails !

Reactions: Former Member
For me to switch to another drone. I have the following list:

Requirements (If it doesn't have this, I won't buy it):

• BETTER CAMERA
  • BETTER GIMBAL

Wishes (would be nice to have, but will not pull me over the edge):
  • Sames size, at least not bigger
  • Longer flying time
  • Better/more reliable app with no data logging towards DJI
  • Rear/side obstacle avoidance
  • Same or equal range
  • Controller with basic display

Don't care for:
  • More colors
  • More "smart" flying features such as selfieshots
  • Gesture control
Can not have (if it has this, I will probably not buy it):
  • Larger
  • Same camera/gimbal
  • shorter flying time
The Autel Robotics EVO has most of what you are looking for. Camera is slightly better, 4K at 60 FPS 100 mbps. The gimbal looks more durable as well. It's controller has built-in FPV screen, it has 30 min flight time, front binocular vision and rear IR obstacle detection, 4.3 mile range, Autel Xplorer app should be a lot better than DJI Go 4. Autel will not be enforcing NFZ restrictions.

Reactions: JoostGT3
The Autel Robotics EVO has most of what you are looking for. Camera is slightly better, 4K at 60 FPS 100 mbps. The gimbal looks more durable as well. It's controller has built-in FPV screen, it has 30 min flight time, front binocular vision and rear IR obstacle detection, 4.3 mile range, Autel Xplorer app should be a lot better than DJI Go 4. Autel will not be enforcing NFZ restrictions.

I hear you, bud! Thumbswayup
However, Autel is not at all a known brand over here in the Netherlands though and I couldn't find any real-life hands-on stuff regarding the EVO, so I can't really form an opinion yet.

I have a feeling that DJI will do with the Mavic Pro II what it did with the first one: wait for the competition (back then it was the GoPro Karma) to release their drone, and then bring their (DJIs) product to the market...

Well, this is all very frustrating. It's my birthday next week, and I need to know if I will at least be able to say I'm getting a MPII later in the month (or failing that, an Autel Evo. As it is, neither company has confirmed when they will ship these things and I'm left wondering whether to by an MPP or just wander off into the distance muttering

Reactions: BlairTheMaori
Well, this is all very frustrating. It's my birthday next week, and I need to know if I will at least be able to say I'm getting a MPII later in the month (or failing that, an Autel Evo. As it is, neither company has confirmed when they will ship these things and I'm left wondering whether to by an MPP or just wander off into the distance muttering
I say wait till you are offered one that you really love. After all, they will both be obsolete tech in one year.

It’s worth reading OsitaLV’s actual tweets. He is the source of these rumours. He clearly says the announcement is “estimated late March to June”

So if you are in the camp of his believers, he isn’t so sure of the release date.

But will the Autel Evo have the RANGE?

Even Dji is trying to take that away and give us quick shot crap.

Why would you wait? You are giving up months of flying time. Unless you are a pro and have your 107 license, the II will be above your capabilities. I am blown away by some footage here of guys shooting with the Air. If it was my birthday, I would buy an Air and 5 or 6 batteries and go have fun, sharpen my skills and not look back.

I had a P4 and didn't use it much because it was a beast to lug around. The Air goes travels with me more.

All rumours are just rumours. OsitaLV plays it safe with wish-list style "rumours" that have no actual basis in fact, and DroneDJ just parrots his tweets as if they're gospel.

I say wait till you are offered one that you really love. After all, they will both be obsolete tech in one year.

Old, not obsolete.

All rumours are just rumours. OsitaLV plays it safe with wish-list style "rumours" that have no actual basis in fact, and DroneDJ just parrots his tweets as if they're gospel.

Old, not obsolete.

My son has the Phantom 3 pro, and it is a wonderful video machine. It is all I would ever need, but if the Mavic Pro II has in it, what I think it will have, it will be the one for me.

OsitaLV isn’t something to base everything on. I mean he himself made statements about the $50,000 VTOL Drone and claimed it was DJI, yet DJI officially stated that it’s not a DJI branded drone.

So I’d take what he says with a grain of salt.

OsitaLV isn’t something to base everything on. I mean he himself made statements about the $50,000 VTOL Drone and claimed it was DJI, yet DJI officially stated that it’s not a DJI branded drone.

So I’d take what he says with a grain of salt.
He will come out of this with a much different level of respect, to be sure. Either he will be discredited as a false profit, or will be the worlds foremost authority on future DJI products. Will be fun to watch.

Reactions: MarceloLi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan