DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is Mavic-Pilots, but still...

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Ok, so I fly a Mavic. I like DJI products. I'm looking forward to buying a Mavic 3, but...

what about the Autel series? It seems about just as cheap and really not that inferior...

For example: Autel Robotics EVO II Pro V3 Camera Drone (Grey)Rugged Bundle (Grey)

In some cases, it really IS "that inferior". It seems, from my personal point of view, that Autel has invested more in the larger more "Enterprise" series of UAS and took too many shortcuts on the non-Enterprise.

For example, our local Autel Distributor (and DJI and other brands) recently RMA all of their Autel Nano UAS for a myriad of reasons. Over 4 DOZEN units were pulled from the shelves and returned to Autel and they replaced with DJI Mini 3 (not pro) and the DJI actually came in a few dollars less when everything was factored into the kit.

Reactions: ZergSolo and Torque
I have to say that I am getting excellent results from the Autel EVO Lite Plus! I find myself using it and the Air 3 mostly. Until recently, I hadn't used my p4p v2 for months. I had a job that required a Litchi mission so I used it for that.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Had two Evo Lites +, the first was bricked from the factory with a dead gimball, on the second motors started to fail after 60 hours of flight, so I also returned it and pick the Mavic 3.

FCC hack for Autel drones is non existant, so if you are in Europe you will be stuck with CE transmission power which is just pure crap, specially on the 5.8Ghz band.

That being said, Autel drones are the alternative if you don't want to comply with RID or appear in the DJI Aeroscope detectors or drone scanner apps or be influenced by geofencing, at least for the moment.

DJI drones are far from perfect, full of bugs at release and usually need a year of firmware patches untill they become more or less flawless, but at that point, they get shortly surpassed by their successor and the cycle starts again.

They also have geofencing and a lot of babysitting (you can't even turn on/off the lights) but at least are quite reliable and are really hard to crash or lose.

Unfortunately, unless Canon or Nikon start releasing some japanese quality standard flying cameras, we are stuck with DJI or DIY basically.

Unfortunately, unless Canon or Nikon start releasing some japanese quality standard flying cameras, we are stuck with DJI or DIY basically.
Sony does, the Airpeak, provided you want to pay for it.

Autel drones are the alternative if you don't want to comply with RID
My Autel EVO Lite Plus is RID compliant and broadcasting it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147