DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wytnyt

Reactions
first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.

Last edited:
agreed bud .. thats what worries me a lot now .. im putting up with there software not working as intended so its either go through and chance there return service or put up with it ...

I lost a lot of interest in the drone when I seen the argos pre release..

no new controller / 1 new smart flight / 31 minutes flight !! doubt it very much / they cheated out by using the old controller / why couldnt they addd a bigger colour screen save a tablet or phone use etc ? maybe some day but def not today ..

they tout 360 obstacle avoidance but wait and see if most of it is only obstacle detection
too bad DJI isnt subject to the lemon law.:)

Reactions: Irish-apple
Some will buy, because they like the new and shiny. They have the money also. Fortunately, it seems that drone market is growing.

Most will stay with their Mavic for now, because we all know, that there will be a mavic3 in a few months, and a mavic4 after that, and so on.

Don't understand the "mavic 1 wont be fixed". It appears to be working well.
theres many issues on the forum most every day

A few months? 2 years between the last releases. Same for phantom series.
Some will buy because there are substantial improvements which benefit them.

That's not how it works.
  1. Make emotionally based decision;
  2. Dream up unfounded, but objective-sounding, reasons to support the decision.

I have the mavic air since April. Will upgrade in a few months. Cant seem to get more than 3000 ft with the mavic air.

Reactions: Flynz
I upgraded for three reasons.
  1. I want a portable drone with better image quality than the MP which has always been a big disappointment when compared to my workhorse Inspire 1 w/ X5.
  2. I like being on the bleeding edge of technology and don't mind troubleshooting issues or being a "beta tester." I used to build my own drones so I'm no stranger to all the weird stuff that can go on inside these little guys.
  3. I have the disposable income to support reasons 1 and 2.
I totally understand why some people wouldn't want to buy this, especially if they already have a MP. It's interesting observing both ends of the spectrum. There are those who trash the old and come up with loads of reasons to justify the purchase and those who trash the new and come up with loads of reasons to stick with what they have. The reality lies somewhere in the middle.

theres many issues on the forum most every day

From people mainly that haven't read the manual, dont understand the drone or do something stupid. None of which is DJIs faults. Very very few if any issues we see are actually due to a "broken" drone that needs fixing in firmware.

So, lets have a good list. What problems are there with mavic 1 which desperately need fixing that affect a majority of users?

I've had exactly 1 issue with mine. A firmware update introduced purple banding on DNG files in potrait orientation. It was fixed by another update a few weeks later. And thats it. Hardly "needs fixing".

From people mainly that haven't read the manual, dont understand the drone or do something stupid. None of which is DJIs faults. Very very few if any issues we see are actually due to a "broken" drone that needs fixing in firmware.

So, lets have a good list. What problems are there with mavic 1 which desperately need fixing that affect a majority of users?

I've had exactly 1 issue with mine. A firmware update introduced purple banding on DNG files in potrait orientation. It was fixed by another update a few weeks later. And thats it. Hardly "needs fixing".
its nice you got a good drone
many didn't

Reactions: Skinejosh78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member