DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be buying as I don't think they add much to the Mavic Pro. I think that many people think this is somehow going to make them great videos all of a sudden.

It may not make them better videographers but the 1", 20 MP sensor on the M2P with 100 Mb/s and H265 is going to greatly increase the quality of any given video. It's also going to be a significant improvement for still photography.

That's not how it works.
  1. Make emotionally based decision;
  2. Dream up unfounded, but objective-sounding, reasons to support the decision.

This is actually going to save us money because now I only need one drone.

Is one of the explanations I am pondering.

Reactions: 28mm
I never had any issues with my Mavic Pro Pl . I love it! I love it so much that I'm not going to shell out the loot to get the new one. A few more sensors...big deal. If your a good pilot you don't need sensors. and the side ones only work in AT, and Tripod mode I believe. so really only a rear sensor. : ) I also use Litchi and I never have problems with anything acting up. I think the Zoom is very interesting though. That's a little more functionality out of the camera....2x and 4x is pretty cool. I saw a preview of it looks to take it to another level with that zoom!

Cheers
Key

I don’t see where anything needs to be fixed on the Mavic pro one. It’s always worked flawlessly for me. My inspire 1v2 as always worked flawlessly as well.
Do you own an inspire?

I think the Zoom is very interesting though. That's a little more functionality out of the camera....2x and 4x is pretty cool. I saw a preview of it looks to take it to another level with that zoom!
I've played around with a 45mm lens on my Inspire and found it incredible for stills but very challenging to use with moving images. Every little imperfection in your control over the camera/drone is magnified and sometimes the camera shake from windy conditions would show up in the footage. It may be more user friendly in the M2Z's form factor but it'll be interesting to hear what everyone thinks of it over the coming weeks. I haven't really heard any of the early testers report on this yet.

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
I think it’s best to sit back and watch all the reviews over the next few weeks.. I’ve never had any major issues with my MP all crashes I’ve had were my own piloting error and DJI have replaced both crashed with 2 brand new drones. Because the Dji Care refresh works well for me. In November it will run out.. all I up grade was from my iPhone 6 to an iPad Pro and it works brilliantly.. but would love to see the pictures off the new 20mp camera on the MP2
Cheers
Happy Flying

Reactions: NitroMan
I'm absolutely getting the Mavic Zoom but I'm waiting for a few reasons:
- I want the Zoom for doing inspection work, but I'm still working on my 107 studies.
- My Mavic Pro (and other DJI toys) are working fine for me
- Waiting for the early adopters to shake out any hardware/software issues.

Looking at next August at this point...

Reactions: daasmangi
I feel your pain and if I had issues with my Mavic pro I would be pissed.!

OK my Mavic is not trouble free
I feel my issues are minor and I can live with them.
When I first got it I installed the latest firmware and never upgraded in the 15 months I been with Mavic.... cR

Reactions: daasmangi
I feel your pain and if I had issues with my Mavic pro I would be pissed.!

OK my Mavic is not trouble free
I feel my issues are minor and I can live with them.
When I first got it I installed the latest firmware and never upgraded in the 15 months I been with Mavic.... cR
unless im really somehow impressed i dont see a mp2 in my future
besides i already have my drone of choice.

Reactions: Lil' DronePilot
first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.
I also assume that DJI has taken some steps to prevent "parameter changes", etc. In the newest, so in order to retain control over my purchase, I prefer the original, which has no issues that I am aware of.

Yes I do and love it.
Haha sorry. I woke up feeling sarcastic. You do mention that you own an inspire in nearly every thread you post in. Just teasing mate

If all the new features were combined into one device then I'd upgrade but for now it's not worth it - so wait until the 3 is released.

It may not make them better videographers but the 1", 20 MP sensor on the M2P with 100 Mb/s and H265 is going to greatly increase the quality of any given video. It's also going to be a significant improvement for still photography.
You forgot that the new Mavic 2 have also occusyn 2.0 which increase the range and decreased the interference in urban areas.

You forgot that the new Mavic 2 have also occusyn 2.0 which increase the range and decreased the interference in urban areas.

How do you know I forgot? Maybe I just chose not to mention it. OK - it's a fair cop - I forgot the Occusync.

Reactions: Joola and macoman
Despite the temptation, I have a few reasons for not buying a Mavic 2 right away:
1. My Mavic Pro is only six months old, and in primo condition.
2. I'd like to see what those that are buying them now have to say about them in the coming months.

It's possible that I will purchase one... but not today!

Despite the temptation, I have a few reasons for not buying a Mavic 2 right away:
1. My Mavic Pro is only six months old, and in primo condition.
2. I'd like to see what those that are buying them now have to say about them in the coming months.

It's possible that I will purchase one... but not today!
Same here plus the MPP is more than I need. Very happy with the performance and range. I may eventually upgrade in the future but for now extremely satisfied.

Patience is a virtue...or so I am told.
I never buy anything that was just released and has 'new and exciting' features....which, usually take a long time to sort out. As an engineer and designer of precision equipment.....even the best of companies products....have 'birthing pains' and 'infant mortality'...you simply can't test everything...for....everything. And....these problems
usually end up in the customer's lap.
I am waiting at least 5 months before I consider a Mav2...
but I do want one! especially one with a better camera.

For those interested there will be a new control in the coming while. Will have a built in display screen, so I saw on a YouTube review. But I'm happy with my MA.

But as for shiny new things, this galaxy note 9 I bought is pretty nice! Big upgrade from my lg g5.

Reactions: Clinton1
I'll stick with my MP for now. I do have disposable income to buy a MP2, but I am attached to my MP, and don't want to part with it. And I know I won't have time to fly 2 MPs.
I won't say my MP is bug free but it hasn't stop me from flying. The sphere pano doesn't stick well. I would rather not to have to stitch manually. Fixed wing mode takes a couple of attempts to work, and sometimes it just exists. But I can live with that. I do hope they'd add some new software features from the MP2 to the MP1, but that's wishful thinking.

Reactions: macoman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc