DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is video connection always better than controller connection?

rabidhyena

Reactions
I've noticed when the controller signal is on zero there usually is 3 bars or so of the video feed. This surprises me as the video feed is obviously a lot more data intensive than control data, and so you would expect it to fail first . I wonder why this is? It would be great to be able to borrow some of this bandwidth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app

If battery size is any indication. (probably isn't) the Mavic battery is bigger than the RC. Maybe more power too.

I've noticed when the controller signal is on zero there usually is 3 bars or so of the video feed. This surprises me as the video feed is obviously a lot more data intensive than control data, and so you would expect it to fail first . I wonder why this is? It would be great to be able to borrow some of this bandwidth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app
I haven't experienced what you are describing. My video will dumb down before my remote signal - but they are using the same bandwidth so I think you have something else going on. If you are using a Samsung or Android, try turning your phone's WiFi off and see if the problem rectifies. I have been told emphatically that WiFi is never a problem for Iphones . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne