DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why not mod the mavics antenna?

tangoseal

Reactions
You can mod the RC great but has anyone not been able to mod the drone itself? The drone has to RX your RC conttol and thrn it has to TX telemetry and video back. We can get nice arse antennas for our RC but not on the drone its self? Im tempted to figure out myself how to do this. Half the equation of range and video is the drones internal antenna.

I would guess the antenna might be in one or more of the legs (or are they arms?). I'm wondering how you could improve it. There would certainly be warranty issues if you broke into the system.

Look at what needs to be added to the RC. Can you imagine putting that same thing on the Mavic. I've not looked into it too much but I think most of those antenas are omni directional. That would not work on the Mavic itself.

The Remote is "modded" by using more or less directional Antennas. You do not want the Mavic to have directional Antennas as you loose connection when you yaw it so you keep the stock Antennas :)

Ender

P.S. one could go for a "flatter Donut" characteristics but i am quite sure that the Antennas on the Mavoc are pretty much optimized for just that.

P.P.S. Boosters could add some range but they have to be good, not POWER but SNR is the key...

4 bulky antennas on the poor Mavic?! With the additional weight and drag you wouldn't be able to fly to a point where they actually bring you anything on a battery.

There's simply no need or reason.

Give me a better Mavic Battery and then I will think about Antenna Mods! As it is, you can have a signal past the point of no return.

Rob

Reactions: bakerboy
1occsyn.jpg

The fact is....my Mavic is capable of flying a further round trip flight then what the battery will allow. I have 2 key points. One is have or find a way to read the dBm output of the R/C while transmitting to A/C. Two is make R/C transmits as close to 26dBm at all times possible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78