DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi mode.

Here are some videos that explain how to fly without the remote controller:

So in general what's the appeal of Wi-Fi mode? Why would you ever use it? Other than UI controls on the phone / tablet is it good for anything?

So in general what's the appeal of Wi-Fi mode? Why would you ever use it? Other than UI controls on the phone / tablet is it good for anything?

If you're not planning to fly further than the remote offer,
*greater portability, all you need to carry is the MP since you always have your phone w/ you.
*faster deployment of the MP, coz you don't need to setup the RC,just fire up the MP and phone and your off.

JMHO

One question... I have a Samsung S5 (2.4 and 5.8Ghz wifi), if I change my mavic to 5.8GHZ... I´m unable to detect wifi.... is there some compatibility issue with S5 in 5.8ghz mode? 2.4ghz works perfectly.
Regards

One question... I have a Samsung S5 (2.4 and 5.8Ghz wifi), if I change my mavic to 5.8GHZ... I´m unable to detect wifi.... is there some compatibility issue with S5 in 5.8ghz mode? 2.4ghz works perfectly.
Regards

If you are in a CE region the odds are your S5 is not using the channels that the Mavic is operating on.

It is a known issue for Android devices in Europe.

Thanks¡¡¡¡ Yes, I´m in Europe. Sounds a perfect explanation.

Regards

It's very useful when using the Mavic as a steadycam so you can see what you're shooting. The attachments are pretty cheap and expands the usefulness for video makers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair