DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi mode.

Here are some videos that explain how to fly without the remote controller:

So in general what's the appeal of Wi-Fi mode? Why would you ever use it? Other than UI controls on the phone / tablet is it good for anything?

So in general what's the appeal of Wi-Fi mode? Why would you ever use it? Other than UI controls on the phone / tablet is it good for anything?

If you're not planning to fly further than the remote offer,
*greater portability, all you need to carry is the MP since you always have your phone w/ you.
*faster deployment of the MP, coz you don't need to setup the RC,just fire up the MP and phone and your off.

JMHO

One question... I have a Samsung S5 (2.4 and 5.8Ghz wifi), if I change my mavic to 5.8GHZ... I´m unable to detect wifi.... is there some compatibility issue with S5 in 5.8ghz mode? 2.4ghz works perfectly.
Regards

One question... I have a Samsung S5 (2.4 and 5.8Ghz wifi), if I change my mavic to 5.8GHZ... I´m unable to detect wifi.... is there some compatibility issue with S5 in 5.8ghz mode? 2.4ghz works perfectly.
Regards

If you are in a CE region the odds are your S5 is not using the channels that the Mavic is operating on.

It is a known issue for Android devices in Europe.

Thanks¡¡¡¡ Yes, I´m in Europe. Sounds a perfect explanation.

Regards

It's very useful when using the Mavic as a steadycam so you can see what you're shooting. The attachments are pretty cheap and expands the usefulness for video makers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard