DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi or RC on controller MavicPro 1

wombat

Reactions
Somehow my controller and drone MP1 original became unlinked, I found a YouTube vid about linking the controller to the drone, it said to move the switch to RC then turn on the drone, at this stage my controller linked itself to the drone and was back to normal, but it did not say if i should fly the drone in RC or wifi mode.
what option should it use wifi or RC to fly.
thanks for your help guys.

@wombat hi fellow flyer ,i am finding it very difficult ,to give you an answer without being condescending ,have you ever read the online manual for the MP ,its possible to fly it with the RC or using your phone, it disconnected because you had somehow moved the switch besides the sd card slot from RC to WIFI, when you were getting the sd card out so if you intend to use the RC to fly your drone then keep the switch in the RC position
sorry if my post offended you OMM

HI OMM, no offence taken, have not flown for a while and you are correct recently I did remove the SD card and perhaps i did move the switch, I have read the manual about 5 years ago, as an old fart i do tend to forget things, I am thinking of getting the new mini 3 pro soon, i fly with the remote controller and a iPad mini 4.
thanks for your help

Reactions: old man mavic
no worries i am definitely in the old farts category as well , glad i could help ,the switch only has a very small amount of movement ,between the two settings and its quite easy to accidently shift it when getting the card in or out ,i have done it myself on my MPP