DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will my Samsung s7 work with the mavic pro?

gixxerbill

Reactions
My mavic is on the way and I have been stressing from reading threads about the s7 rebooting while the mavic is flying. Does Samsung have that fixed yet? If now can I use an old s4 that does not have service through sprint?

Some have issues, some don't. I usually don't fly with mine as I have a dedicated device but the couple of times I did I had no issues.

S4 would probably be a bit too slow to run the app smoothly.

My mavic is on the way and I have been stressing from reading threads about the s7 rebooting while the mavic is flying. Does Samsung have that fixed yet? If now can I use an old s4 that does not have service through sprint?

As time goes on the platform gets more stable. I think most of the problems you see are those trying to use devices with limited power so I'd go with the s7.

I beleive it's the S7 EDGE that has issues. Regular S7's should work fine.

I use a Galaxy S4 with no issues whatsoever.

Something that no one mentions is what carrier their S7 is on. I wonder if this could be the reason for the inconsistent reports. For the record I'm on Verizon. Just ordered the Mavic 2 days ago so I'll have to wait and see. Strongly considering getting an iPad mini 2 on ebay just in case I'm one of the unlucky ones.

I use an s7 from sprint and so far no problems but I have heard of cases where people with the s7 edge are having some issues. a lot of times it is carrier dependent because some phones are more rootable than others and that might be part of it. I never root my phone anymore.

turn off bluetooth and wi-fi also.

I'm a bit OCD and love things too be neat , so I used to get my s7edge as close to RC as possible , but then could not touch the settings tab once connected . So now I have to leave say about 5mm away .
Now personally I have had zero problems with using the s7edge except my phone drawing power from the RC .
I'm in uk so the only difference is the bands used for g4 conection so maybe that might be an issue .
Now what about some advise , like I said I have no problem but I see the commonsense in turning off Bluetooth but what dose airplane mode actually do , also some one suggested turning off wifi but dosnt the app use wifi for maps .
The best thing I like is I connect phone then the moment I turn on RC the app opens on its own so I don't need to access the buttons on the phone .wish you all the best . Happy flying

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I have an S7 and an 8" Tab 4 from ATT and use both about equally. I don't turn anything off (bluetooth, wifi, etc), but I do force all apps to close before connecting. I have 89 flights since I got it (2 weeks ago) and the only software crash was once with Litchi. Fortunately it was near the end of a waypoint mission and the bird just finished it up and came home. Of course the controller kept working, so there was never any real problem and by the time it was coming home I had the app restarted and connected. I use GO4 probably twice as much as Litchi and GO4 has never crashed on me. I uninstalled GO because I never use it.

This is encouraging news. There are many reports indicating problems.
I'm curious as to whether the S7 issues affect the US model rather than the European/ Australian build.

Sent from my SM-G930F using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I use my S7 Edge (935U) without any issues on the most current rev (the last one had some crashing issues but the new version fixed it)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead