DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Samsung S8 Plus work better and fit?

Shaw10

Reactions
Has anyone tried this phone with the RC yet? I`m picking mine up today and hope it works better than the S7 edge i.e no glitches with GO 4 app.

I don't know how it works performance-wise, but it will fit in the remote controller.

noone should be buying crappy samsung phones unless you can completely wipe their stupid *** software from it and install a stock android on it.
i had an s7 edge myself given to me by my employer but i returned it after a couple of weeks and bought myself a different mobile phone.
so doesnt matter if it works - just dont buy it.

Reactions: Robin
I have an S8+ using Go 4 with DJI micro USB cable to Samsung USB-C adapter.
DJI USB-C cable would disconnect/re-connect, I ordered a new DJI USB-C cable hoping it's just a defective cable.

My s8 works great. 5 flights with no issues. I did buy the mini iPad 2 because of the reported issues with the app. I'm glad I don't need the crappy apple device now. Apple's software is so obsolete when you want to customize your device.

Reactions: Blades
I have an S8+ and after all the instability with Nougat I'm not even loading the app on it. I use a Nvidia K1 with Marshmallow and sometimes Glyphs. It's stable.

I've used my s8plus a few times now with no issues. I also use the original usb-c cable on the RC.

S8 or not will not make any different. DJI go app still have incompatibility with android. I think you should think of ios or android.

I've used my s8plus a few times now with no issues. I also use the original usb-c cable on the RC.

great to know thx! either mine came defective from DJI or I messed it up shifting/inserting could of stripped pins inside or something. I ordered an original replacement cable to test.

I use greenify with my pixel phone and have no disconnects after using the app. The app puts to sleep all backround working apps.

Weird. Mine says the screen res is incompatible and then crashes. How come people have such varying experience with the same hardware?

have flown a few times with my s8 plus, the app is rock solid. The screen is just so good and extremely clear even in sun. I am really thrilled with it.

My S8 does great but at first the app would crash right off. I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well. I'm guessing something was brought from the previous phone when I let it restore apps w/ settings from my Google account.

Reactions: Saltyflyer
Weird. Mine says the screen res is incompatible and then crashes. How come people have such varying experience with the same hardware?

that's odd I'm using latest Android app DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 no issues. Used with black bars on side and forced app to full screen as well.
Have you tried deleting app and re-installing?

Yes. Now I have reinstalled today it works. I got my s8 on day 1 of pre release and installed dji. Perhaps they tweaked it since. Cheers

S8+ with no issues. Just got back from covering some of the fire damage in Gatlinburg, TN.

I have an S8+ using Go 4 with DJI micro USB cable to Samsung USB-C adapter.
DJI USB-C cable would disconnect/re-connect, I ordered a new DJI USB-C cable hoping it's just a defective cable.
I also thought about having a bad USB-C cable. But the problem is caused by the mechanical stress to the connector if held by the slider. Just remove that slider and plug the connector into your phone by hand.

I've never used metal slider. My new DJI USB-C cable is working now no disconnects. Maybe before I had cable connector and phone to close to edge of RC opening and stress damaged cable... not sure. I'll try to give it a 1 or 2mm gap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan