DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind?

Sorry...but I'll have to call BS on that one. A little exaggeration is common, but rock solid at 59mph is jacked up.
I will post a video (which is so stable it's boring!) and narrative very soon. No BS, just incredibly stable flight!!!

I will post a video (which is so stable it's boring!) and narrative very soon. No BS, just incredibly stable flight!!!
Variations in the Go app have reported different telemetry readings over the course of time that has seen changes in the app. Earlier versions of the app gave exaggerated speed readings that were almost certainly mistakenly kph speeds reported as mph. Unless you were flying in a 20mph downwind at the full air speed of 40mph, then your ground speed could have been 59mph, but not your air speed.

Reactions: Keth Unwin
I can't find the recommended maximum wind speed for the Mavic, if there is one. Can anyone point me to DJI's advice on this?

I can't find the recommended maximum wind speed for the Mavic, if there is one. Can anyone point me to DJI's advice on this?

10 m/s - 36 kmh - 22 mph
upload_2017-5-2_21-18-25.png

P50 or therabouts in the manual.

Can't really describe the problem with Gust Buster other than it froze my mobile phone. As for maximum air speed I think 15m/s is an achievable target. What settings have you selected ?

15 m/s is over 30 mph. I'm new, and I've always flown in winds of under 15 mph. I've never felt comfortable even at those speeds. You may be right about 15 m/s, but would you feel comfortable with it? Would you actually enjoy flying in those winds?

I agree that 30mph is too high a speed so I definitely wouldn't want to go up under such conditions. I prefer calm weather and preferably no wind at all !

I understand. I was just looking for a hero to help this newbie overcome my fear of flying above 20ft in 10 mph winds. [emoji57]

I'll get there.

I had the same winds in the Florida keys a few weeks ago. I took it out, but no further than LOS. Also, started out going against the wind, returning home with the wind.

I'm working in Cumbria today, and it feels positively balmy. I've just about finished for the day and I have my drone with me. I might put it in the air on the way home. My app says the wind speed is 19mph. Now I'm thinking it might be more windy higher up than it feels at ground level. But I'll give it a try.

The wind speed can be deceptive and altitude makes an enormous difference
I know this from my RAF days. I would certainly not want to exceed LOS and stay below 30M if you can

I'm now on Whitehaven Marina and it does feel a little blustery here. I think I'll heed your advice and proceed with caution. I don't want something to happen to lower my self-confidence.

I'm now on Whitehaven Marina and it does feel a little blustery here. I think I'll heed your advice and proceed with caution. I don't want something to happen to lower my self-confidence.

Giddy, Wind Guru would be ideal where you are. The app is updated constantly from weather stations situated near sailing centres from coastal and inland waters. This app covers most of the world.

Reactions: Huddy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman