DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Winter Comes to Alaska's Rivers

Great video! Very well done (including the voice-over) and very interesting

thanks for the comments :)

Wow oh wow, so beautiful and informative. You obviously know the rea well-does the river flow under the ice all during winter? We watch Virgin River and the scenery is very similar? Great vid thank you.

Wow oh wow, so beautiful and informative. You obviously know the rea well-does the river flow under the ice all during winter? We watch Virgin River and the scenery is very similar? Great vid thank you.
I'm fairly confident but not entirely sure that the river freezes completely. It is fed from the mountains and all of that freezes completely so I can't envision any source unlike some rivers that I have lived on ie the Yukon and Kuskokwim (the second largest Alaskan river) who are fed far upstream and deep enough to never freeze fully. I could be corrected but I can't imagine there is flowing water on the Nenana river year round.

I'm fairly confident but not entirely sure that the river freezes completely. It is fed from the mountains and all of that freezes completely so I can't envision any source unlike some rivers that I have lived on ie the Yukon and Kuskokwim (the second largest Alaskan river) who are fed far upstream and deep enough to never freeze fully. I could be corrected but I can't imagine there is flowing water on the Nenana river year round.
Ahh that’s where North Pole is-I Google Mapped the Nenana River and there was North Pole further upstream. There’s me thinking you are sat at the top of the world in total darkness at this time of the year. But never the less very remote and suspect not many places you can’t fly as opposed to here where there are not many places you can fly. Keep those vids flowing please.

Ahh that’s where North Pole is-I Google Mapped the Nenana River and there was North Pole further upstream. There’s me thinking you are sat at the top of the world in total darkness at this time of the year. But never the less very remote and suspect not many places you can’t fly as opposed to here where there are not many places you can fly. Keep those vids flowing please.
Chuckle...yeah...that name gets a lot of people thinking :). We always have some sun. About 4hrs of twilight is what we get coming up soon. The local airport and army base as well as a nearby airforce base limit us right in town but once you leave town...yeah...pretty much entirely open and much of it allows my Mav3 and Mav3Pro to climb up hillsides up to 3000' over take off point. I pretty much am -always- alone flying with nobody even close by. It's really quite nice :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece