DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winterize

shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Mavic Mini 1. I am looking for a good way to keep my batteries good through the winter months. How often should I take the batteries out to charge the batteries out and charge them? Or should I charge them at all? Do I store them on the charger for the whole winter? I have 7 batteries and two chargers. So I don’t know. On my Phantom 4 Pro I have a Charger that will put my batteries into storage mode keeping the batteries charged to 50% through the whole winter. I am trying to act stupid, it’s just I have no idea.

You should place the batteries on storage voltage ... meaning at about 3,7-3,8V/cell (equivalent to 50%) but a charge state between one solid LED+ one blinking up to two solid LEDS+ one blinking is good enough.

Then each third month you charge them up fully & return them to the level said above by means of hovering down the batteries or by charging for instance your phone with usb (if that's possible with Mini 1?).

Handled in this way you batteries will last & not suffer any damage... also don't forget your RC, it also contain a Lithium battery, treat it in the same way (a bit harder to get it down after charging it up, but hovering 7 batts should lower it some, the rest can be consumed by just letting it be turned on with a Android phone connected as that consume extra. Same LED levels apply for the RC.

I have a Mavic Mini 1. I am looking for a good way to keep my batteries good through the winter months. How often should I take the batteries out to charge the batteries out and charge them? Or should I charge them at all? Do I store them on the charger for the whole winter? I have 7 batteries and two chargers. So I don’t know. On my Phantom 4 Pro I have a Charger that will put my batteries into storage mode keeping the batteries charged to 50% through the whole winter. I am trying to act stupid, it’s just I have no idea.
so why aren't you using your drone in the winter months? ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD