DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you buy a 3D FPV VR/AR DJI Drone App for Oculus Quest 1 / 2 / Pro?

Is this useful for you : using your Oculus Quest 1 / 2 / Pro as an FPV headset for Mavic 2 & older?

• Total voters
An stereoscopic FPV would make sense, but atm people is ok flying cyclops.
some drones only have 1 camera anyway. "Cyclops mode" is how Im going to expand into older DJI models, like Mini, Spark, Inspire, Mavic 2s etc.

Those deserve a cyclops FPV mode, enabled with VR capability! :D

Why would it be harder to use the sticks on the Oculus controllers than the sticks on the DJI controller?
They're tiny and thumb only - when you want to be precise with the DJI controller the first thing you do is get longer sticks, and ideally pinch them.

But I indeed approached the discussion more from the side of using the controller movement/position to steer rather than the sticks, like the MC does.

Last edited:
They're tiny and thumb only - when you want to be precise with the DJI controller the first thing you do is get longer sticks, and ideally pinch them.

But I indeed approached the discussion more from the side of using the controller movement/position to steer rather than the sticks, like the MC does.
Huh, so a software-tunable controller setup would be ideal for you. Totally doable with a Quest controller.

I'm surprised you can't tune the controls of the hardware DJI RC. That should be a feature they ship.

I'm surprised you can't tune the controls of the hardware DJI RC. That should be a feature they ship.
You can, but you still get more "usable resolution" out of your fingers when you have them physically move more.

An stereoscopic FPV would make sense, but atm people is ok flying cyclops.
I've flown stereoscopic setups (been doing FPV for 20 years) and IMO they were "cool" but that's about it, you don't really miss it when you don't have it, and since you typically fly FPV with a wide angle lens the effect is gone as soon as you're a few meters apart from an object unless you cheat and put the cameras like a meter apart.
Not really worth the it given the added cost and technical difficulties in transmitting 2 pictures in sync.

Last edited:

Tbh I've never done anything where I need that level of precision- 99% of my flight time is just doing pre-programmed grids over something for mapping.

Very interested to see how this turns out! I've been exploring VR interfaces for (terrestrial) robots for a while - would be great to fly a drone that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne