DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You want me to take a quiz. Okay. So let me take it already!

TxMavPro2017

Reactions
When cranking up my Mavic Pro, I see now that DJI is wanting its US users to take a 'quiz' prior to their taking flight. I believe it affords you four times to bypass it until I guess you have to take it. Well, each time I go to take the quiz, the page then simply hangs. Nothing comes up. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. Nothing.

This has happened on the last three days attempts. So DJI, if you're listening, if you want folks to take your quiz, let 'em take it already!!!!

Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I received that same message today but did not have the time to check it out. The way it read, you do have only four times to skip taking the quiz. It did not say what happens after that.

Thankfully I encountered that quiz when I was at my dining room table updating my firmware, so I took it there rather than dealing with it in the field. Maybe try that after restarting your device and closing other apps.

The quiz returned next time I started the app to update my settings. I followed some advice I read at the DJI forum and logged out of my DJI account and back in and the quiz hasn’t come back.

I took it on my Spark, Mavic and P4P, no problem. I did notice the passing of the quiz stays with the AC, messed around a little between the 3 ACs and 3 iPad Mini 4's and having passed the quiz followed the AC.

The quiz uses 10 simple safety related questions to sanity check the potential operator of the drone. It's a minor inconvenience at worst. I will say, however, that if you can't past the test then perhaps you should do some reading on the FAA website and plethora of other sources available and learn the basic safety issues involved with operation of your aircraft. It might save you and perhaps someone else some trouble if things go awry.

You guys are ******** me! A Quiz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeez whats next a must view 10 minutes safety lecture video before you can start the props? Glad I decided to stay at .400 and Fly instead of playing with the software all day.

each time I go to take the quiz, the page then simply hangs. Nothing comes up. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. Nothing.

This is intentional, to ruin plans of bad guys when they try to do something like this:

resized_3eed0-8ecb1b3cdronepkk-jpg.24731

1. Bad guys try to do bad things. DJI prompts them to take a quiz... which never loads.
2. Bad guys wait and wait and wait... Meanwhile, their window of opportunity closes.
3. ???
4. DJI:
1awn93.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skylane
When cranking up my Mavic Pro, I see now that DJI is wanting its US users to take a 'quiz' prior to their taking flight. I believe it affords you four times to bypass it until I guess you have to take it. Well, each time I go to take the quiz, the page then simply hangs. Nothing comes up. I wait. And I wait. And then I wait some more. Nothing.

This has happened on the last three days attempts. So DJI, if you're listening, if you want folks to take your quiz, let 'em take it already!!!!

Anyone else run into this?
I have yet to see this quiz so I am throwing out a guess. Do you have an internet connection? I'm thinking that you will need to be online for DJI to access the test and log the results.

The test popped up, saw that I had 4 opportunities to skip, decided to just go ahead and get it over with. Passed on the first try, then flew. Drove over to another spot and the darn test popped up again. Took it and passed it two more times before it stopped nagging. I believe a lot of us took up this hobby to get away from such.

The quiz uses 10 simple safety related questions to sanity check the potential operator of the drone. It's a minor inconvenience at worst. I will say, however, that if you can't past the test then perhaps you should do some reading on the FAA website and plethora of other sources available and learn the basic safety issues involved with operation of your aircraft. It might save you and perhaps someone else some trouble if things go awry.

Wow. A flightalyzer.

I skipped it the first two times, Then when I decided to take it, got the blank screen, no quiz showed up. Then the next time I started the GO app it popped up, I elected to take it and the quiz showed up. Took it, guess a wrong answer, needed to select the right answer to more on and passed. Flew. A couple flights latter when I started up to fly, the quiz popped up again, took and passed the quiz with flying colors :) and flew. Haven't seen the quiz since.

BTW, I always turn on my RC and WiFi only iPad in the house, so I have WiFi access to down load my map and make sure they are no updates that will interfere with my flying for the day. When I see all is ok, I take my MP out and go fly. Most of my flying has been out of my back yard. But if I am going to drive some where else, I would still start up the RC and iPad at home, check every thing out, then shut it down and go. Like some fo you have experienced here, I don't want to get to my destination, ready to fly, and find out I don't have a map loaded or an update popped up.

...BTW, I always turn on my RC and WiFi only iPad in the house, so I have WiFi access to down load my map and make sure they are no updates that will interfere with my flying for the day....
Download the offline map for your area and you won't need to go online for maps. Then, if not online Go 4 will not know about updates. It works for me.

The test popped up, saw that I had 4 opportunities to skip, decided to just go ahead and get it over with. Passed on the first try, then flew. Drove over to another spot and the darn test popped up again. Took it and passed it two more times before it stopped nagging. I believe a lot of us took up this hobby to get away from such.
There's some reports of the app repeatedly presenting the quiz every time you fly no matter that you pass each time. Apparently logging out and back in solves this problem. I didn't have to do this, but I'm done with the updates from here on in and am actively researching how to get back to .700.

So I am wondering how Part 107 licensed drone operators can input their license info or status, and keep from having to take and retake these tests. Sounds like a CYA move by DJI without adequate thought.

Reactions: frank candor
The first time the quiz popped up it was a minor eye-rolling annoyance, but when because of a glitch it pops up every time you launch the Go app, it becomes a hindrance to getting the Mavic off the ground quickly. Even knowing the answers, it takes awhile to click through all the screens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga