DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your favorite editing software

rjmlakota

Reactions
Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to purchase a video editing software. Not looking for anything to expensive or extravagant. Will be using to edit my drone footage.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Reactions: maven4336
You might want to do a search. There are countless existing threads on the topic.

I use www.wevideo.com. I tried a lot of different options and had lots of issues. The cost of other software and the fact I have an older computer made things difficult. I was pretty skeptical but WeVideo really helped me get things going. With Wevideo everything is processed in a cloud type situation. I upload my videos and then edit them online and they are processed with their computer.
I'm sure there are limitations compared to the more expensive programs, but I paid a total of $66 for an entire year of unlimited 4K editing. All the videos on my Facebook page were created with WeVideo. Check out the videos and click like if you agree..
www.facebook.com/kaifectaerial/
I would be glad to answer any questions, and I don't have any affiliation with WeVideo, it was a game changer for me.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to check out WeVideo and the list of additional software and make my choice.

I to am looking for software, anything out that that is free to use?

What software as a start would you suggest for newbie like me to start making nice videos with my drone ? ( im waiting for my air next week )

I was playing around with several video editors over the weekend. I have a few different consumer grade editors, and I don't want to pay for Adobe's subscription service, so I took some 4K footage from my MA and played around a bit.

I tried Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, Corel's Pinnacle Studio, and Cyberlink's Powerdirector 16. All worked well. Resolve was the hardest to use, but free. Premiere was the easiest to use. But my all around favorite of these four is Powerdirector. It seems to have a good mix of features, color adjustments, templates, transitions and titles. It also rendered the videos faster than the others.

... But my all around favorite of these four is Powerdirector. It seems to have a good mix of features, color adjustments, templates, transitions and titles. It also rendered the videos faster than the others.

I'm using PowerDirector (15) but color adjustment, IMHO, is quite poor... I cannot tweek the color of the clip playing individually on R,G and B values. I only have one slider which goes more on the reddish or on the greening hue, and the saturation slider. Unless I want to touch the White Balance section, which, again, does not tough the RGB values...
These adjustment are available in ColorDirector, but that's another package to buy (not much, though).
Or - am I missing a fundamental menu somewhere?
Thanks.

I have been using PowerDirector since probably v8, and it's now up to v16. Every easy to learn but still very powerful. Handles 4K with ease. Lots of YouTube videos out there to help expand past simple editing.

Check out this list of video editing software most recommended by members of this site.
Thank you -thank you-thank you! Great list now bookmarked as I assume that it will be regularly updated. Yes?

Did not find a track program that does not require DJI-go. I specifically need a track program that works with litchi as I am leery of DJI-go. All of my flying (except <30 m local training) is in a volcanic field in Mexico where the mountain is 1000 m tall (1200 m high). Having DJI force a 120 m height restriction on me would create some serious problems.

Have an NLD license but have not installed it because 500 m height limit is adequate for this field season.

Any comments on DJGO App or I Movie?

I use the DJI app after every flight. The auto create feature is very easy. I wish they had an app for PC like that so we could have higher res.

What do you guys think? My first video upload using dji go app.

vimeo.com/255485203

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to purchase a video editing software. Not looking for anything to expensive or extravagant. Will be using to edit my drone footage.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Lumatouch the best , will luv it, Iv tried 50 apps no good lumatouch is just perfect for editing drone footage and can put any music with it, you will never use anything else, took me 8 months and now I can make great footage, nothing else compares , give it a shot , found it here on mavic pilots

I found a decent software package at Sam’s Club called Movavi for about $29.

It’s easy and not nearly as complicated as Adobe Premier

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_