DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your Fly Report is Ready

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am not too sure about this, Your Fly Report is Ready.
Good in that gives you some good info on how long, far, how many take offs, kilometers you have flown. But then it shows stats on how high and how far you have flown.
What do you think?

Well ... if you've already uploaded your logs to the DJI cloud service that info is already shared ... so this report wont add anything extra.

Reactions: maggior
So do you think that information is open to any one wanting to see it?
Not a clue ... but it's equally open as this "Fly Report" as you need to log into your DJI account to see it.

If you're worried about your info you shouldn't upload anything to the DJI cloud service ... which leads to that no report can be created.

Reactions: maggior
All companies has some kind of marketing, so do not be surprised. The new drones from the other companies are being reviewed on YouTube so I am not surprised that DJI came out with this.

The notification popped up in the screen just as I was taking off. I didn't need that distraction for sure.

I have many flights with altitude much higher than 400'--but it's documented in the flight log that I'm overflying mountainous terrain etc.

Not a clue ... but it's equally open as this "Fly Report" as you need to log into your DJI account to see it.

If you're worried about your info you shouldn't upload anything to the DJI cloud service ... which leads to that no report can be created.
How do I not upload to DJI cloud?I got the report.

Reactions: John Gowland
How do I not upload to DJI cloud?I got the report.
Depends on which app you use ...

If it's GO4, syncing with the DJI cloud service is always done manually, nothing happens automatically.

With the Fly app on the other hand ... auto syncing is the default & needs to be deactivated in the app manually, we discovered that way back when the mobile device DAT log mysteriously disappeared when we needed them investigating incidents & it turned out they was erased during the syncing. In previous versions you went to Profile/Settings/Sync Flight Data ... & there deactivated "Auto-sync Flight Records"

And just to have it said ... if you stop syncing with the DJI cloud service no flights will be turning up in AirData.com ... if you have it set up & are used to that. Instead you need to manually retrieve your logs from the mobile device & upload them by yourself there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga