DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spoke with a guy at Empire Drone Co today and as they previously commented the dates are pretty fluid at this point.

He informed me that as of Friday, they spoke with DJI and were told that the distributors should have inventory around May 15th. He speculated that if that is the case they should be able to start shipping somewhere around May 18th.

Just thought I would relay my conversation to the community. Don't take our conversation as anything more than an educated guess, only time will tell when we get our hands on one!

Edit: Just to clarify my wording, the guy at Empire was speculating that distributors would be shipping to Empire around the 15th and Empire could receive their shipment and start shipping to customers around the 18th.

Last edited:
Well that's sucks. So it they will ship over a week after the drone is released. At this point if distributors don't have stock on hand then we probably won't have these in hand till the end of the month or later. DJI release dates are a joke.

Spoke with a guy at Empire Drone Co today and as they previously commented the dates are pretty fluid at this point.

He informed me that as of Friday, they spoke with DJI and were told that the distributors should have inventory around May 15th. He speculated that if that is the case they should be able to start shipping somewhere around May 18th.

Just thought I would relay my conversation to the community. Don't take our conversation as anything more than an educated guess, only time will tell when we get our hands on one!

Thanks for the info. I suspect we'll have a bunch of mad people next week complaining about Best Buy, Amazon, and the like since they didn't get or have shipped their order. Can't ship what you don't have.

Thanks for the info. I suspect we'll have a bunch of mad people next week complaining about Best Buy, Amazon, and the like since they didn't get or have shipped their order. Can't ship what you don't have.

Empire isn't a top tier retailer like Best Buy or Amazon. Those folks have them now and if not today then in the next couple days.

Reactions: AIredale1
This thread is reminiscent of the MM pre-purchase release drama. I was in the midst of that; pre ordered from DJI, shipped earlier than expected (yeah), held up in Alaska for a week, due to paperwork (boo), released to ship a week later, then made it's way to Atlanta. I was frequently, checking updates at DJI and this forum to coax it along. And viola it arrived at my door and all drama was forgiven. As my father in law used to say "Look for it when you see it coming." That helped me relax and enjoy the anticipation. You will appreciated it that much more when your delivery guy shows up for your signature. Wish you well and peace on your waits.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Empire isn't a top tier retailer like Best Buy or Amazon. Those folks have them now and if not today then in the next couple days.

So it looks like Empire won't begin shipping until the 18th?

I checked with Advexure and the explicitly said they would be shipping from THIER warehouse on Monday.

For those of you who don't work in supply chain or retail ops or sales there are typically different tiers. Your best customer will receive the biggest discounts and product before anyone else. These are typically always based on volume although there may be other criteria. Best Buy and Amazon move a LOT of product so they will always get preference over a much smaller retailer.

I don't know where Advexure stands in the DJI customer tiering but it sounds like they will be ready to go Day One.

Now some customers may say to DJI, we'll respect your launch date but we will ship prior to it so that customer may receive them on the launch date. This may be reserved for vendors with more leverage.

I missed out on the MM fun. I should go back to that forum for the LOLs.

Reactions: psloan
Oh well, cancelled my M2 Air fly more order with DJI and ordered same from Best Buy due to their advertised delivery date. Uncomfortable with DJI’s inconsistency about the shipping date. I have had nothing but good results dealing with Best Buy.

Just got an update says it will ship on the 18Th WTF man here we go!!! I ordered the 27 at 9:33 they took my money within 10 minutes...

Just got an update says it will ship on the 18Th WTF man here we go!!! I ordered the 27 at 9:33 they took my money within 10 minutes...
As with all things, the big retailers get their stock ahead of direct pre-orders from the manufacturer. I ordered from Empire and will be a little disappointed if they really don't ship before the 18th.

Best Buy is notorious for saying you will have an item by a certain date and then that date goes by. New iPhone sales are a prime example. Best Buy screws that up year after year. I ordered from DJI.

Well that's sucks. So it they will ship over a week after the drone is released. At this point if distributors don't have stock on hand then we probably won't have these in hand till the end of the month or later. DJI release dates are a joke.

There is only a small percentage of drone people who even care about getting their drone first. Most of them are here...

Keep it in perspective.

Ordered May 3rd at 2217. fly more ,128 card and DJI Refresh. I know no more yet. All I’ll need is a cable to my I pad mini, oh it’s processing.

Right. We don't have that problem in Europe.
Out of curiosity: the DJI won't charge you tax? I guess they ship from a different state?

Anyway, one swollen battery (and I've had 3 M2Z batteries swell on me) would compensate for paying this tax. DJI most likely won't replace a battery after it's been used for 6 months. Amazon, on the other hand, replaced all of mine after a year a half no problem.

Did you buy extended coverage from Amazon or were they just being nice? I didn't buy coverage, have no problems to date, but would like to know if they's help if similar bad things happen. Thanks.

Just saw this on Apple's website for the MA2 FMC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-223301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200504-223301_Chrome.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Modernmade
Just ordered 10 minutes ago from OmniView Tech in Ontario, Canada. They claim to start shipping May 14. The wait begins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke