DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hanging back. Too many unknowns at this point.
1. Does the controller have the ability to hold an iPad mini?

Doesn't look like it. According to DJI Specs, Max Mobile phone size is 180×86×10 mm (Height×Width×Thickness) . Ipad mini would be 203x135x6. As noted above, I'm sure we will get some aftermarket solutions fairly quickly.

I fly with my ipad mini about half the time, phone the rest of the time. I wish the mini was compatible right away, but not too worried about it in the short term.

Saw Ijustine’s video on it and it looks like it will. As you pull up the holder, it appears to be telescopic in its design. We will know more for sure soon enough.
Of all the video reviews out already, I’ve not seen one using a tablet. Same mistake Autel made with Evo1 and repeated mistake with Evo 2s. I asked DJI about using Crystal Sky. No answer. Don’t think it can be used. Stuck with a phone. No thanks.

I did the same thing with the Birthday month coupon at Best Buy. The fine print on the Birthday coupon excludes drones $499 and more. Hoping the let existing orders keep the discount when they realize the mistake of not placing the Air 2 in the right category.

My coupon worked without issue. I didn’t even know it was there until checkout.

Of all the video reviews out already, I’ve not seen one using a tablet. Same mistake Autel made with Evo1 and repeated mistake with Evo 2s. I asked DJI about using Crystal Sky. No answer. Don’t think it can be used. Stuck with a phone. No thanks.

For what its worth, a DJI response on their forum confirmed it doesn't fit tablets, but a table holder from DJI will be coming. Who knows when though, I imagine aftermarket beats them to it.

Reactions: Drone Master
Ordered April 28th, 2020 01:35 UTC

Update: Shipped from Shenzhen, May, 08th,2020 04:55:42 (UTC+1)

Last edited:
For what its worth, a DJI response on their forum confirmed it doesn't fit tablets, but a table holder from DJI will be coming. Who knows when though, I imagine aftermarket beats them to it.
Yes, I did report in some other threads that tablets or IPads will not fit after the specs were released. It is apparent that you will need a custom mount for larger devices.
25C1D269-D085-48B7-BA38-9A5352430EFD.jpeg

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
As usual, I ordered the Fly More kit but for some reason this time I added the $80 one year crash protection package. I ordered 4/29 at 2AM - it's 9:30AM and it STILL hasn't arrived ;)
Actually, I don't look forward to the typical frequent install/revision issues the first month but that's the price of poker...

Reactions: InterstateP
My MA2 order is showing ‘awaiting shipping‘ also.

Will those from the U.S. who ordered from retailers such as Best Buy receive their air2 before those who ordered from DJI directly? I saw someone say that DJI orders take longer to get?

Will those from the U.S. who ordered from retailers such as Best Buy receive their air2 before those who ordered from DJI directly? I saw someone say that DJI orders take longer to get?

Nobody will know until it happens.

They got me on the early mini. Sitting out this go-round. But watching, wishing I could trade up. Maybe
Too many unanswered questions for me and my 1k.
At some point, all will get answered.
The mini still has a bit of a bad taste.

Reactions: Capt KO
Saw Ijustine’s video on it and it looks like it will. As you pull up the holder, it appears to be telescopic in its design. We will know more for sure soon enough.
That review didn’t answer the iPad issue in my mind. Yes, telescopic, but how far is the questionable part.

Reactions: Capt KO
That review didn’t answer the iPad issue in my mind. Yes, telescopic, but how far is the questionable part.
Maybe not in the review, but the ipad issue has been answered. As it stands, an Ipad mini or larger will not fit the remote. DJI has said they will have a table adapter, but didn't commit to a date. I'm sure 3rd party and 3d models will roll out quickly.

Ordered the Flymore
99aa5d6e3af52198d0e742a90f4ac240.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird