DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 YouTube or Vimeo?

Kyle76

Reactions
I started a free trial of Vimeo, and I’ve uploaded a few things. The quality seems much better than YouTube to me. Is it worth 8 bucks a month? Take a look at these two, if you don’t mind, and tell me what you think. I uploaded both in 4K.

Reactions: W2EJ
Vimeo is definitely sharper

Reactions: Kyle76
That’s all I use and pay the Pro price but use it a lot.

Only took me 45 seconds to see the compression problems on the Youtube video but the Vimeo was smooth as silk.
Vimeo for 4K and 2K but if your only 1080 bound you can get by with Youtube.

As you know we Use Vimeo and have over 300 videos with flawless Compression , I have never had to re upload yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: Kyle76
I've gotta think about this. I like the $12/mo option but 5Gb per week is not a lot. Ten minutes of drone footage is 4gb. I guess that's about three, three minute videos per week. Hmmmmmm..... I like the quality of the images but maybe three people ever see my videos anyway, lol. Decisions, decisions.......

Reactions: dirkclod
I've gotta think about this. I like the $12/mo option but 5Gb per week is not a lot. Ten minutes of drone footage is 4gb. I guess that's about three, three minute videos per week. Hmmmmmm..... I like the quality of the images but maybe three people ever see my videos anyway, lol. Decisions, decisions.......
Cost me if not mistaken over 200 bucks a year and pay yearly but worth it. Upload sometimes a lot a week then sometimes go severel weeks without even using it but is nice.

Also consider all the broken links the day you stop paying (the don’t let you leave all that video up there when you leave)

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I started a free trial of Vimeo, and I’ve uploaded a few things. The quality seems much better than YouTube to me. Is it worth 8 bucks a month? Take a look at these two, if you don’t mind, and tell me what you think. I uploaded both in 4K.

That test comparison was a service to the forum. The Vimeo was better in every way.

Reactions: passedpawn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying