DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

М3 land itself

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
For the first time for 5 years of flying I have something like this - yes I push it too low to avoid branches but why he did not respond to up stick, obviously it was expecting to cancel auto land but I had no time to rich the menu/button
smile.gif

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I have had drones (not an M3) enter the automated landing process and I have always been able to abort the landing by giving full throttle even when the drone had actually JUST touched down. Perhaps you could experiment with this in a safe area and see if the M3 allows this.
That said, does the M3 have upward looking sensors that detect things above the drone? Indoors from a high take-off point I have had a Mavic 2 Pro refuse to actually lift off, in hindsight I realised that the upward looking sensors were probably seeking the ceiling as too close.
I also remember reading of someone forcing a Mavic 2 P/Z to the ground by lowering their hand over the upward looking sensors, I tried this myself and it did force a M2P to the ground.

Reactions: alex_markov
From the Mavic 3 Manual version 1.4 Page 22. By the video looks like you was pushing down to bypass the tree branches and the Mavic 3 was detecting was a minimun ground level and by keep pushing down just landed. Is difficult for the vision sensors determine the ground obstacles when the obstacle is snow.

1647007667182.png

From the Mavic 3 Manual version 1.4 Page 22. By the video looks like you was pushing down to bypass the tree branches and the Mavic 3 was detecting was a minimun ground level and by keep pushing down just landed. Is difficult for the vision sensors determine the ground obstacles when the obstacle is snow.

View attachment 145119
Excellent analysis Zeusfl . . . (side note) I love the 'Part 107 Certified Pilot' in your signature 😉‼️ . . .

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
Excellent analysis Zeusfl . . . (side note) I love the 'Part 107 Certified Pilot' in your signature 😉‼️ . . .
Thanks !!

Actually, something similar happened to me with my Mavic 3 that start landing over the water because of the same reason. I just move the left stick up to cancel the autolanding and gain altitude but you need to be quick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas