DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Dronie” distance DJI Mavic Air 2

Maverick 007

Reactions
Hello everyone: I want to find out if the “Dronie” function on the Mavic Air 2 (which is measured in meters at the right of the screen), is a “height”measurement, or a distance from the subject measurement? Esentially, is tha number in relation to the ground or to the person locked in “spotlight”?
Thanks in advance everyone!

Hello everyone: I want to find out if the “Dronie” function on the Mavic Air 2 (which is measured in meters at the right of the screen), is a “height”measurement, or a distance from the subject measurement? Esentially, is tha number in relation to the ground or to the person locked in “spotlight”?
Thanks in advance everyone!
Don't know what the "dronie" function is. If it's the "distance" meter - that is how high and how far from the homepoint, when it sets. May be close to you if the homepoint has enough sats to set near you or could be 500 feet away.

Take a pic of your screen and post it so we know exactly what you're asking.

• Wow
Reactions: DoomMeister
Don't know what the "dronie" function is. If it's the "distance" meter - that is how high and how far from the homepoint, when it sets. May be close to you if the homepoint has enough sats to set near you or could be 500 feet away.

Take a pic of your screen and post it so we know exactly what you're asking.
The drone reverses at a set grade (angle) for the distance that you nominate. My guess (putting on my land surveyor’s hat ?) would be that the distance is a horizontal projection based on the GPS northing and easting coordinates of the position where the drone starts from (simple trigonometry) and the processing computes updated GPS fixes until the radial vector equals the value that you pre-set. Then the drone returns to its starting (GPS) coordinate - and quite cleverly, to the same elevation, also! ????

Reactions: DoomMeister
The dronie function sends the drone to the distance set, takes the photo, then returns to the original position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots