DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Motor unable to rotate” Error message

oliverjaime21

Reactions
Error message: “Motor unable to rotate.”

Anyone familiar with this error? Anything to prevent it from reoccurring? Is the drone faulty? Thanks so much in advance

Notes:

-spins propellers then stops after 1sec, then the error message

-went outside the house, it worked and was flying.

-went back inside house, tried to spin the props without take off, it works.

I have it too now. (motor unable to rotate) it tries to take off by tipping over and crashing. I have searched everywhere for help and cannot find anything on it. Not sure if its caused my the prop guards or faulty device. its now unusable and only had it 7 months so far and only used a few times so should be in good condition.

I have it too now. (motor unable to rotate) it tries to take off by tipping over and crashing. I have searched everywhere for help and cannot find anything on it. Not sure if its caused my the prop guards or faulty device. its now unusable and only had it 7 months so far and only used a few times so should be in good condition.
Sounds like a faulty or failing motor/speed controller. Flipping over when it tries to take off happens when one motor is not giving enough thrust. I guess it is flipping over diagonally? The diagonally opposite motor to the failing one will spin faster to try and maintain the aircraft heading, and consequently there will be a lot more uplift on that corner

I had a motor partially fail on another drone. All the props would spin up to idle OK, but as soon as it tried to generate some thrust to take off it would flip over. Replacing the motor fixed the problem.

Error message: “Motor unable to rotate.”

Anyone familiar with this error? Anything to prevent it from reoccurring? Is the drone faulty? Thanks so much in advance

Notes:

-spins propellers then stops after 1sec, then the error message

-went outside the house, it worked and was flying.

-went back inside house, tried to spin the props without take off, it works.

Hi I have the same problem and I haven’t used it yet, I just had it out the box!! It’s new :( did you find the solution?

Hi I have the same problem and I haven’t used it yet, I just had it out the box!! It’s new :( did you find the solution?
same proplem -- straight out of the box, back two props spin for a few seconds then stop. no movement in the front props. Any ideas?

Same problem here. New out of box, no rotation from one motor. Won't take off & getting error message. Sent off to DJI today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123