DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1.0.6 Fly app upgrade

So now its the 1.0.6 version for the DJI FLY Application. Not sure if there is a new firmware now, I updated the app itself though. And again in the Google Play store it was the old version and I had to go to the site again to some adhoc link to get the latest Application.

So why is it like this? why aren't the updates all normal, we have to go to DJI's site for the latest software and firmware - which is not a problem for me at all. Just asking why its lie this?
Because you installed it manually by downloading the .apk and the installing it from the downloaded file. The Google Play store will only show that version and no update. Don't worry too much as it's by design, the app does not auto update.

If you want to be able to use auto update, uninstall it now and install it then from Google play store. Next time there is an update, it will auto update. Make sure that you flight logs are synced or saved as uninstall the old app might delete them !

You can check the versions within the app, if it is not the latest you will be warned.
Not if you installed it manually. It will just ignore the update and leave it as is, not showing a newer version. I've updated to 1.0.6 last evening on Android 10. Checking the play store showed 1.0.4 (installed). I've downloaded the new version manually again, opened it with play store and it asked to perform the update keeping the files.

Reactions: Ivan_LCF_666
Because you installed it manually by downloading the .apk and the installing it from the downloaded file. The Google Play store will only show that version and no update. Don't worry too much as it's by design, the app does not auto update.

If you want to be able to use auto update, uninstall it now and install it then from Google play store. Next time there is an update, it will auto update. Make sure that you flight logs are synced or saved as uninstall the old app might delete them !

Not if you installed it manually. It will just ignore the update and leave it as is, not showing a newer version. I've updated to 1.0.6 last evening on Android 10. Checking the play store showed 1.0.4 (installed). I've downloaded the new version manually again, opened it with play store and it asked to perform the update keeping the files.

Wow it makes a lot of sense hey what you're saying. Ok I'll uninstall in now and then install it from the Play Store so I can get the update prompts from the Play Store.

Thank you for this hint - I should have thought of it myself. But does this guarantee that I'll get the newest app software version as soon as DJI releases it? I remember that the only reason I did it manually is because I was on 1.0.3 and the Play Store wasn't updated with 1.0.4 yet for like a whole day or something. SO that was my way to get the latest software. I live in a blue authorization GEO zone and so I really wanted this update asap.

All is good now, I've just already installed 1.0.6 from the Play Store - lets just hope that DJI releases their newest versions timely to the Play Store, else I'll have to just update via DJI's site.

:)

PS: can't wait to fly after work hey - my Mini is calling my name, calling me... I can hear it..... "Ivan, Ivan --- come fly me!!"

Reactions: netsonic
Google Play has released 1.0.6.

I have to say, this is VERY POOR software control from DJI. You download the Android "version 1.04" install it, open it up, and it says 1.06 Never seen this in any other software before. I used to be involved in software control in a past life. If I had done this, I would have been sacked. !!!!

I don’t care on DJI site, it is never up to date. :) and have no problem with iPhone or iPad IOS in update or upgrade.

@Bernie707 Assuming it's the android version you're asking about, which is now available on the Play store, the updates are:

WHAT'S NEW
What’s New
-Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.

I expect it primarily deals with the Android 10 Galaxy S10 incompatibility issue.

Reactions: netsonic
I just downloaded me the proper version 1.6 from Play Store! Yeah I know as a software developer this is unacceptable that they confuse the versions!!!

But I'm very very happy with my Mavic Mini and I love to fly it so endlessly much!

Sweet

Anyone confirm if this has sorted out the crashing of the app on android 10 with the S10? As I still haven't updated my S10 to android 10 for this main reason.

Anyone confirm if this has sorted out the crashing of the app on android 10 with the S10? As I still haven't updated my S10 to android 10 for this main reason.

Not sure about that hey - its so amazing that Samsung S10 is such an amazing phone, better than my Huwawei Mate 20 Pro - some people would argue - so how is it possible that the App is not especially supported on this device?! I would think that DJI would make sure that the S10 is all sweet with the app & I'm sure they're doing that. You should probably just update and see.

Yesterday while I was at work I updated my DJI FLY Application to 1.0.6 but I firstly uninstalled my version 1.0.4 from my device because I had initially installed it from DJI's site directly and I was not receiving the update notifications from the Google Play Store when a new version such as 1.0.6 comes out! This all went very quick and smooth - but in the early morning when I woke up to fly, at like 2:00AM (I hadn't even tried connecting to the craft after the application update to 1.0.6), I had some problems!!!

I live in one of them blue authorization GEO Zones, and so I really, really, really needed and was waiting like crazy for the 1.0.4 update(which was released on DJI's site firstly and that's why I had it installed from there). Anyway, early early this morning when I tried to fly I connected to the craft (my beloved baby Mavic Mini) and all went sweet - it had even remembered its RTH altitude of 60m and max altitude 120m all my parameters were there save nicely! So happy me wants to start up the motors and the GEO Zone unlock message prompt pops up and I check all 3 checkboxes and hit 'Done'! It then immediately tells me Unlock Successful or something like that - BUT, BUT, BUT the God **** red Error message "GEO Zones" was still up and I could not take off at all! I tried and tried and kept bringing the control's sticks both down and in/out to start the motors and hence bring up the Unlock Prompt with the checkboxes, all that goes perfectly well but at the end after the successfully unlocked message the craft still has the same red Error message "GEO Zones" and the motors don't start!

I was so upset I immediately went on DJI's forum and started writing bad things, I was so upset hey - so I decided to restart the Mavic Mini and its awesome lil controller and reconnect my phone to it. The first time I connected my phone, when it didn't wanna unlock, I remember my phone prompted me upon connection what to do, just charge, or transfer data so first time I chose charge only. This probably has nothing to do with my unlocking not being able to happen - but the second time around I chose transfer data & charge and then when I tried I has SUCCESS!!!

I was finally able to lift the GEO Authorization and properly unlock my blue area and fly at home! I was so happy, I immediately went to write another post on DJI's forum to say it all does actually work.

Sweet

I take it play store is the android version of apple’s App Store?
I don’t have a mini yet but I downloaded the dji fly app to check it out. I can check the map but not much else without having a mini to connect to so I can’t tell what version of the app I have. I’m assuming that if and when I get a mini I should uninstall the fly app I downloaded a few weeks ago and install it from the App Store again and I would then have v. 1.06. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance for the answers to my two questions.

Since installing 1.06 my Android Acer tablet (B1-870) is now working :)

As for checking the app version number. If memory serves, you don't have to connect to the aircraft, to see the version number, (at least not once you have flown. ) you might have to register with DJI first though.

I have seen Play show an update for Fly, but shows the currently installed version rather than the new version, until the update is installed and run. Come to think of it, that may be why even other apps seem to be re-updating existing versions.

Have a little patience, I'm sure that it will get "fixed" (eventually, probably, maybe...) it's not the most pressing issue.

Having said that, the Mini is my only DJI drone, so this is all I have known, what do other Mavic drones do ?

Guys I want to ask a question here, please do help me out with figuring out why this is the way it is! When I got my baby drone (Mavic Mini - a lil, beautiful, gorgeous one) the Firmware was at version 1.0.3, and the DJI FLY Application was also at 1.0.3. Then some days later the update came out, the 1.0.4 but it was not published to the Google Play Store! So I updated the craft's firmware to 1.0.4 and then I got a link in a forum pointing to DJI's website and an Android apk installation file. I remember that it still said 1.0.3 in the site but it was in fact the 1.0.4 version.

So now its the 1.0.6 version for the DJI FLY Application. Not sure if there is a new firmware now, I updated the app itself though. And again in the Google Play store it was the old version and I had to go to the site again to some adhoc link to get the latest Application.

So why is it like this? why aren't the updates all normal, we have to go to DJI's site for the latest software and firmware - which is not a problem for me at all. Just asking why its lie this?

Sweet

PS: hopefully I also update my battery at some point in time as I've never had to do that. My Mavic Mini is so beautiful, I love it so very much that I even sleep with it near my bed, so that when I wake up its one of the very first things I see - makes my day all positive! The lil fella (drone) is just so stable and flies similar to bigger drones.
Wow!! you really like the Mavic Mini :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S