DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

10 things I do when it’s too windy/rainy to fly my Mavic.

Garfieldg

Reactions
  1. Wish it wasn’t windy or rainy so I could fly my Mavic
  2. Fly any one of the myriad of the indoor drones I own, be dissatisfied with them then (1) above.
  3. Tidy up my Mavic case for the eleventeenth time then (1)
  4. Check my batteries are still charged then (1)
  5. Check the weather to see if (1) still applies
  6. Enter into an animated discussion with my significant other as to why my hobby is so important that I think more of (1) than her (which, of course, is completely untrue).
  7. Look enviously at endless YouTube videos of Mavic owners in sunnier climes
  8. Search fruitlessly for ways to make my Mavic completely waterproof and/or resistant to 50 mph winds.
  9. Try yet again to fly my Mavic indoors despite online advice to the contrary and my previous pointless experiences of same.
  10. Repeat 1 to 9.

2. Fly any one of the myriad of the indoor drones I own, be dissatisfied with them then (1) above.
  6. Enter into an animated discussion with my significant other as to why my hobby is so important that I think more of (1) than her (which, of course, is completely untrue).
  8. Search fruitlessly for ways to make my Mavic completely waterproof and/or resistant to 50 mph winds.
  9. Try yet again to fly my Mavic indoors despite online advice to the contrary and my previous pointless experiences of same.
  10. Repeat 1 to 9.
or do what i did and show us your man cave

Never put your wife or family above your drone hobby. At end of the day, it's just an useful toy that can be use as a toy or for inspecting your property. But your wife is always more important.

10. Repeat 1 to 9.

Living in the wet and windy Pacific Northwest, I decided to move! Living in a less wet and windy place will lessen my need for #1 and result in more stick time!! (Not the only reason I am moving - but so many of my hobbies are outdoor and in retirement that is important.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum