DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 License Test and Studying

lakestreet

Reactions
Hi all, ok sorry I'm sure this has been covered but was curious about how many of you have your 107 license? Was it tough and how is best to study for it?

Thank you all ahead of time.

Hi all, ok sorry I'm sure this has been covered but was curious about how many of you have your 107 license? Was it tough and how is best to study for it?
Most areas of the test are straightforward and easy to learn. I spent about 80% of study time on understanding airspace and weather.

I was wondering the same thing!! I was just looking in to a course advertised on You Tube .... I don’t think I will need to get one but it would be nice (and a bragging topic??‍?) I guess .... I had thoughts of making a few extra bucks to pay for my drone( that’s what I told the wife anyway) but it’s not something that a lot of people are needing ... especially these days !
having lots of fun just buzzing around and filming some things ... not a lot of places to do so either ... and central Florida scenery is pretty boring ... think I’ll keep the $ in my pocket for now ! And I think you need to get retested every 2 years !
That’s a deal breaker !!
good luck in your decision and HAPPY FLYING!!

I was wondering the same thing!! I was just looking in to a course advertised on You Tube .... I don’t think I will need to get one but it would be nice (and a bragging topic??‍?) I guess .... I had thoughts of making a few extra bucks to pay for my drone( that’s what I told the wife anyway) but it’s not something that a lot of people are needing ... especially these days !
having lots of fun just buzzing around and filming some things ... not a lot of places to do so either ... and central Florida scenery is pretty boring ... think I’ll keep the $ in my pocket for now ! And I think you need to get retested every 2 years !
That’s a deal breaker !!
good luck in your decision and HAPPY FLYING!!
I used the FAA.GOV www to determine the areas necessary for study. I did download the FAA references listed. I concentrated on the FAA material first and foremost. Then I did watch some YT videos. I took what practice tests I could find until I felt confident enough to schedule the test. Not sure, but I believe I missed 7 on the original and 3 on the recurrent. I paid no outside money, save for the actual test! I wanted to be as familiar as I could be with the “rules of the road”.

There are very reputable organizations available for test preparation, but I choose the self paced, self study route. It worked well enough for me!

Reactions: Captain Lou
Congratulations on Passing the Test. And on Tony Northrup's instructional video, liked what you said about it being extremely helpful. Need all the help I can get studying for this test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d