DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1080p @ 96fps Slow Motion Issue?

adam3112

Reactions
Hi, So today I decided to record video on my MP in 1080p @ 96fps, but when I put the video on to my laptop from the SD card, all my media players play it back in slow motion. Been viewing it both in Quick Time and Windows Media Player. Any idea why it's doing this and how can I convert the video to play at recording speed?

I'll be honest in saying I don't have any expensive video editing software on my Laptop. :(

That's the whole point of shooting 96fps...

I know, but it would be nice to have it play back at normal speed at 96fps so that I get a smooth video. I also set it to 1080p to save space.

You should have shot 60fps then. Your computer can't display more than 60 so 96 won't make it smoother.

It is possible to convert but it will cause stutter, a reduction in quality, and probabaly take a few hours to reencode the footage.

Reactions: adam3112
Well I’m gonna take it out of 96fps. Will probably leave it in 2K at 24/25fps as that seems to give me the best results without using up too much space.

I've used 1080p at 96fps for the slo mo. However, I find the video unuseably noisy. 60fps works fine, but it is not slow mo

Players on the computer play at a specific rate, about 30 fps in the US and 25 fps most other places. So playing a video recorded at 96 fps will slow it down to about 1/3 speed, i.e slow motion.

Reactions: adam3112

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamabear007