DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st and 2nd Litchi Way-point flights

bronze661

Reactions
I finally got to try this,it's just awesome technology.It was scary to watch it leave. Of course I could see it on the screen.

Reactions: EdDuran
Wow, what an amazing place, thanks for sharing.
The sound track worked well with the video too.

Reactions: bronze661
The one thing I had to watch with Litchi missions is launching at the place I had intended. A couple times, I launched from alternative locations, throwing off the relative altitudes for the whole mission. Luckily, it ended up higher than expected, and I learned to use the terrain map and plan for altitudes above the ground, instead of relative to launch.

I love being able to fly the Litchi missions virtually in 3D, to work out all the angles and flight path at home. It is fantastic software.

Nicely done. What AC did you use? I would recommend a little more of an arc on the turns as the drone comes into view (see 1:03 and 1:10). You just wait until the green comes back and these videos will absolutely bloom for you! In the mean while, run some more differing patterns to explore the capabilities of LITCHI. A Few Helpful hints:
dronefaq.io offers helpful information about consumer drones. and Camera Settings - Get the most out of your DJI Mavic Air and here
best camera settings dji mavic air
Also, on down time, thoroughly read the text information on the LITCHI web site for additional help.

You will do great!!!

Nicely done. What AC did you use? I would recommend a little more of an arc on the turns as the drone comes into view (see 1:03 and 1:10). You just wait until the green comes back and these videos will absolutely bloom for you! In the mean while, run some more differing patterns to explore the capabilities of LITCHI. A Few Helpful hints:
dronefaq.io offers helpful information about consumer drones. and Camera Settings - Get the most out of your DJI Mavic Air and here
best camera settings dji mavic air
Also, on down time, thoroughly read the text information on the LITCHI web site for additional help.

You will do great!!!
It was the Mavic Air, After studying for weeks on youtube. I realize that you need to be back further from your poi's or the drone will not do what you planned, too close. Also It was supposed to take pictures at a couple poi's and didnt. Oh well,I'll learn it, I only have about 4 hours total flight time.

It was the Mavic Air, After studying for weeks on youtube. I realize that you need to be back further from your poi's or the drone will not do what you planned, too close. Also It was supposed to take pictures at a couple poi's and didnt. Oh well,I'll learn it, I only have about 4 hours total flight time.
I use the MA as well. I strongly urge you to pick one of your favorite missions and study the waypoints individually. Modify one or two just a little, paying close attention to the actual flight so you do not end up in the trees, etc. Study the differences between videos. Modify your waypoints slightly, fly and video again, wash, rinse, repeat! And in time, the scenery will begin to green up for you and you will be taking some breathtaking videos. In other words, design and keep one mission, for learning, but play with the waypoint settings. Save each lesson mission as i.e., mission-001, next as mission-002, etc. Use LITCHI to look at some other peoples’ missions as well, to learn from them. Study their waypoints as you watch. I have 2 near the Colorado Springs, CO area. Palmer Lake and Gold Mine. Good for viewing and learning what to do and what NOT to do. As with flying the various missions, consider a relatively inexpensive (within your budget, that is) video editor. There numerous free video editors out there. Check out other forums for that as well. My personal is Wondershare FILMORA 9 (not free, but free versions do exist). Everybody has differing tastes for different flight programs, video editors, drone equipment, camera setting for flights. So, play, play, and play some more, but have fun and learn as you go.

The Best Mavic Air Slow Motion | 4K, 2K & 1080p Comparison | Aerial Guide

Best Settings For DJI Mavic & Phantom || Tutorial By Drone Film Guide

Two of the many helpful site.

I know you will do great!

Last edited:
I use the MA as well. I strongly urge you to pick one of your favorite missions and study the waypoints individually. Modify one or two just a little, paying close attention to the actual flight so you do not end up in the trees, etc. Study the differences between videos. Modify your waypoints slightly, fly and video again, wash, rinse, repeat! And in time, the scenery will begin to green up for you and you will be taking some breathtaking videos. In other words, design and keep one mission, for learning, but play with the waypoint settings. Save each lesson mission as i.e., mission-001, next as mission-002, etc. Use LITCHI to look at some other peoples’ missions as well, to learn from them. Study their waypoints as you watch. I have 2 near the Colorado Springs, CO area. Palmer Lake and Gold Mine. Good for viewing and learning what to do and what NOT to do. As with flying the various missions, consider a relatively inexpensive (within your budget, that is) video editor. There numerous free video editors out there. Check out other forums for that as well. My personal is Wondershare FILMORA 9 (not free, but free versions do exist). Everybody has differing tastes for different flight programs, video editors, drone equipment, camera setting for flights. So, play, play, and play some more, but have fun and learn as you go.

The Best Mavic Air Slow Motion | 4K, 2K & 1080p Comparison | Aerial Guide

Best Settings For DJI Mavic & Phantom || Tutorial By Drone Film Guide

Two of the many helpful site.

I know you will do great!
I have Filmora, just not a lot of time to learn it.