DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st flight prep....

SCK

Reactions
must have been good this year. Got a M2Z (+fly more) this morning. got batteries charged and firmware updated. read the manual AGAIN and the quick start. I know this seems to be a personal preference thing and I don't see anywhere that DJI recommends it but should I calibrate the IMU and compass before the first flight?

I am more than a little nervous putting this thing up in the air for the first time :) A lot of $$ for me to do something stupid and mess it up. just hope it is easier to fly than the toy drone that I spent the last year playing with (and crashing) I was getting comfortable with it until the gears in one of the motors gave out.

not going to worry with videos/photos until I get comfortable just flying and working/reading the App...

Reactions: MikeMauk
Dont calibrate the IMU unless the app instructs you too. You can calibrate the compass though before the first flight.

Consider Statefarm personal articles policy to protect your investment and allow you to fly with a bit more freedom. I pay 5 dollars a month for my coverage.

well, 3 full battery flights and I still have a drone. :) Much easier to fly than a toy drone but still to afraid to get too far away. went up to 300ft and out a little but could not bring myself to get too far out. guess I need to lean to trust the map.....

...guess I need to lean to trust the map.....
Trust your eyes, keep it in sight. Learn how RTH works and its settings. Watch wind speed and direction. Don't push the limits on battery time. Oh, and congrats on still having your M2Z.

had it in easy site but out a bit, looked at the screen and when I looked back up, it took me a bit to spot it. I am sure my heart rate spiked..... that is where I have to learn to trust the map and that it is not going to just fly away.

Hello, Yes it took me almost a month when I first got my PA3 to get it in the air- like you say lots of $$ and I had flown lost and crashed numerous small drones learning. The PA3 was so so much easier to fly than the smaller ones I wish I hadn't waited so long. I am really close on pulling the trigger on buying the new Mavic2 and still not sure if I want the zoon or pro I am leaning towards the pro now. And of course, I really want DJI RE goggles as well. Hope you have a great experience with your new drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming