DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st Flight w/ MA2

Jaldrich

Reactions
Sorry if this is long...

As soon as that drone lifted off the ground I had a smile on my face you could see from the moon!!! It's odd that something like this could bring so much enjoyment. Now that said let me fill you in on how it all went....

1. I left the controls in Mode 2, it was at first taking some time to get use to, I am not a gamer but my mind tells me left thumb to push up to fly forward, and it instead gains altitude (which is should do in Mode 2). After about 30 min. my brain got it all sorted and I am good to go with Mode 2.

2. I have the Smart Controller, and for some reason I thought I did not have to change from video to camera to take a picture, but it turns out you do...LOL....I should have known better. I mean if you are in video mode, and press the camera button it i will take a screen shot and save it to the SD card on the controller, but not the SD card on the drone. I took a few pics while videoing and when I got back only videos were on my drones SD card, I was like oh crap!!! But that is 100% my fault for some reason I was mixing up the ability of the iPhone to video and take pictures at the same time with the drone.

3. I hate how the smart controller has my drone at a 90-degrees away from me when I am staring right at it, but I think this might be because there is no GPS on the smart controller so maybe if I turn on my hotspot on my phone this will correct itself?.?.?....anyone? any input?

4. When I turned on my smart controller I set it up to "English" but whenever manned aircraft are in the area it warns me in one of the 8 dialects of china, but it also put a visual text warning in English on my screen. Not sure if I can fix this or not.

5. is it normal to have to pair the drone to the smart controller every time you turn it on? I had to pair it at the site, then again after I changed the battery.

6. Thank GOD I bought the fly more combo, time flies when you are having fun.....and only to have one battery if I would not have bought the combo would be heartbreaking to me.

7. I noticed my battery level said 4 min left, I never got a on screen warning (that I saw) nor a verbal warning, but then again maybe I got a verbal and it was not in English so I thought another plane was in the area....who knows, but I had to manually fly it back and land before it ran out. I thought there was something built in that auto returned it or told you to head back.....then again I could have not seen it and when I was flying maybe the warning went off the screen with the pushing of the sticks....i don't know I will have to watch for this tomorrow when I am out.

8. I still have a lot of learning to do, before I even try any of those follow me stuff or circle me thing. I am worried that it would do it too far out, wonder if I can bring it in closer and have it follow or track me from a closer distance.....but like I said that is latter once I have the basics done.

9. Did I tell you all I had a BIG Butt Smile on my face!!!!

Take Care Happy Flying!

Jason

Welcome to the club.

I have the permanent smile just like Joaquin Phoenix from“The Joker”. I get happy just thinking about flying!

Welcome to the forum and the club.

A lot to learn but take you time and enjoy.

I see another one from Michigan.

I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of posts but of course the manual.

Remember you are the pilot and the photographer.

Do not let the photographer crash your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky