DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st Helix with the MA

Umm.. what was that? I expected may be a helix.... then maybe a POI.... and left the room rather ....flat...

Reactions: Akoztha
You flying manual or with Intel flight mode? I've heard litchi can do intelligent flight mode using objects (not just people) as a focal point. This true?

You flying manual or with Intel flight mode? I've heard litchi can do intelligent flight mode using objects (not just people) as a focal point. This true?
Helix is a flight mode for the mavic air. Mavic air will not fly Using Litchi or autopilot yet. Won't support waypoints or SDK at this point, maybe never.

Ive got helix dronie and rocket for the regular GoApp but it only will use a person as a focal point. I've heard litchi can use an ojbect as a focul point (i.e. your lighthouse top).

Ive got helix dronie and rocket for the regular GoApp but it only will use a person as a focal point. I've heard litchi can use an ojbect as a focul point (i.e. your lighthouse top).
This was shot using the Mavic Air, camera setting to "Auto" everything & no ND filters, I cut out the second rotation around the Light House just for the sake of video time.

I enjoyed the video. You inspired me to visit our favorite lighthouse on my next visit to the beach.

How come it doesn't look like a helix? The camera starts approaching the lighthouse while it remains circling about in a close proximity with the camera slowly panning down, and in the end it actually turns into the opposite direction while backing off in a linear path.

It looks cool, but every helix I've seen so far and even tried myself looks exactly the same; a rotating view while the camera gradually expands it's radius around the subject. I'm wondering how you achieved it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard