DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s 1st Night shots with the Air2s; Newport, Oregon

DaveR1977

Reactions
Hwy20-101--2082393-2-Edit.jpg
So far, loving that 1-inch sensor! Newport "After-Dark". The legendary Hwy 101 winds through Newport, Oregon. This intersection of Hwy 101 and 20 is the first thing many visitors see when they arrive on the Oregon Coast. This is where my dog starts jumping up and down in the back seat because she smells the Sea-air and knows we're almost home. "Settle down Breezy!".

Awesome photo!

Nice! Breezy knows what’s what.

Looking forward to getting back out to the Coast as the rainy season ebbs a bit.
Been several years since I came back to Newport. Wow, they added a few things :) Glad you like the air 2s. Its an amazing drone

Reactions: DaveR1977
Nice! Breezy knows what’s what.

Looking forward to getting back out to the Coast as the rainy season ebbs a bit.
It's been a wet one this year. It makes us appreciate the good days even more! Breezy knows more than she lets on...

Nice one. I have visited Newport many times but have never seen it from the air like this. I like the twilight glow to the city.

My usual approach to Newport is from the north on US101 but I am highly familiar with the US20-US101 intersection as well.

Nice one. I have visited Newport many times but have never seen it from the air like this. I like the twilight glow to the city.

My usual approach to Newport is from the north on US101 but I am highly familiar with the US20-US101 intersection as well.
Thanks! During "Season" we try to avoid that intersection as much as possible.

Thanks! During "Season" we try to avoid that intersection as much as possible.

I usually do my coastal photo travels between Labor Day weekend and Memorial Day. I stay away from the coast entirely during the summer. I much prefer to shoot images of coastal storms with less crowded highways and beaches. That intersection in Newport is one of the more congested places along the coast in mid summer (driving US101 through Rockaway in mid summer does come close).

I usually do my coastal photo travels between Labor Day weekend and Memorial Day. I stay away from the coast entirely during the summer. I much prefer to shoot images of coastal storms with less crowded highways and beaches. That intersection in Newport is one of the more congested places along the coast in mid summer (driving US101 through Rockaway in mid summer does come close).
Yeah! We've figured out how to use back streets to avoid 101 during summer. It's a minor inconvenience, the place is ALL OURS during the off-season. Aside from the traffic, we appreciate the tourists bringing their hard-earned dollars to our little fishing village. For the most part, our visitors are pleasant and well-behaved. More than I can say for "Breezy"!

Been several years since I came back to Newport. Wow, they added a few things :) Glad you like the air 2s. Its an amazing drone
There has been a limited amount of growth here. For the most part, the Bayfront, Art-deco district, and Nye Beach are mostly unchanged. I have no real complaints about the Air2s. Would like to eventually upgrade to something with an actual optical zoom and adjustable aperture. But for now, the price vs the features is just right.

There has been a limited amount of growth here. For the most part, the Bayfront, Art-deco district, and Nye Beach are mostly unchanged. I have no real complaints about the Air2s. Would like to eventually upgrade to something with an actual optical zoom and adjustable aperture. But for now, the price vs the features is just right.
When I lived there, mid 90's in Depoe Bay, Keiko was still alive at the aquarium where I worked. I left and came back and left again around 2007-8 before the crash

Great shot and thanks for sharing !

View attachment 161688
So far, loving that 1-inch sensor! Newport "After-Dark". The legendary Hwy 101 winds through Newport, Oregon. This intersection of Hwy 101 and 20 is the first thing many visitors see when they arrive on the Oregon Coast. This is where my dog starts jumping up and down in the back seat because she smells the Sea-air and knows we're almost home. "Settle down Breezy!".
Very Nice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian