DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1ST PILOT JOB - SUCCESSFULLY ACQUIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds to be low profile, so low risk, but for your reference the Part 107 exam for commercial drone flying requires that you have much of the same knowledge of as a private pilot. You will need to know the structure of our airspace, the ability to read and interpret a sectional chart, the ability to read the shorthand used for aviation weather forecasts and much more. Even as a former sailplane pilot I found that this test is challenging. So, if you want to do more jobs like this go buy a study guide and go take the test.

Enjoy your new drone.

Reactions: DJI Ferrari
@DJI Ferrari - Congrats first on passing your exam and Congrats on your first job mate with your UAV.
How well did you do on your part 107 exam since I am about to take mine? I also have some jobs waiting for me to become Airmen Pilot! I actually scored a massive job with one of the biggest car companies in the world and they want me to do a bunch of Aerial shots from Above for one of there FL properties since they may want to use it for one of there commercials. I have been studying my butt off- if you don't mind me asking what was your score on the Part 107 exam. All the best and safe flying!
Yea don't take this the wrong way but I am still very new and was going to do a job but didn't know i had to sign up for a commercial license until i asked and receive comments here, and I was told it was illegal to do it for my friend without the licence, so I was forced to cancel the job until I get more skill with the mavic and until i can get the licence. But hey I wish you all of the luck in the universe and in existence a hope you score like a military F16 assassin lol. Merry Christmas to you too, maybe after you ace your test you can give me some pointers so when I take mine if that's whats needed I don't crash and kill everyone onboard lol.

This sounds to be low profile, so low risk, but for your reference the Part 107 exam for commercial drone flying requires that you have much of the same knowledge of as a private pilot. You will need to know the structure of our airspace, the ability to read and interpret a sectional chart, the ability to read the shorthand used for aviation weather forecasts and much more. Even as a former sailplane pilot I found that this test is challenging. So, if you want to do more jobs like this go buy a study guide and go take the test.

Enjoy your new drone.
OMG! Yea I was even unable to finish high school lmao, so I thing i will just be the friendly neighborhood pilot friend guy for now because i didnt understand half of what you said lol. Not because the way you said it but because I know nothing about, hhm, how can I say this, "Technical Aviation stuff" lol I think I will just leave that to the professionals. I mean I am a crazy amazing pilot, but as far as doing commercial stuff, I thought it would be as simple as sign up, and go work, but I can see its way more than that and I think its better to step out the way and just let the pros take that job for now until I can responsibly learn the brakes/methods, rules and regs..

I get the feeling this guy is punking this group. Anyone with a decent drone knows everything you guys are trying to explain to him.
Im not trying to punk anyone actually, whatever that even means.

I only had a spark and while flying the only things I knew was that it had to be registered, couldn't fly above 400 feet and how to operate it and that's it. With that I learned to operate it and fly it extremely well. My name is Derek btw. Derek C. But I can honestly assure you I in no way am trying to fool or troll as some call it or any kind of toying around with anyone. I was just told that I could fly for money, I told my mom that, she then passed the word around like I asked her too, and eventually an old family friend asked me to fly for him so I came on here all exited and announced that I had got a first pilot job only to be warned about the fact that its considered a commercial job even though its for a friend and it requires a test and legal stuff so I canceled the job because I may not be the smartest but I do want to be responsible and law abiding. So I am truly sorry if you felt like I was playing some game because I assure you I wasn't and am not in any way.

Reactions: Mossiback
I’m guessing this is a joke?
What part did you think is a joke? I am sorry you took it like that but no I was not joking about the job a friend offered me, but I turned it down after finding out it was a commercial job and I didn't have the license to do so.

I think the post was made with a heavy dose of sarcasm.
Sorry you feel that way but I posted this in sheer excitement that I got an offer for a drone job from a friend, but I didn't know it was actually classified as a commercial job and required a license, once I found that out here I canceled the job because I don't want to brake any laws or be irresponsible.

If one receives any form of payment, you are required to have a 107 license. This guy is braking the rules and regulations and someone needs to make this person understand that. One cannot buy a sticker and be a commercial pilot. This just not right!

ixusch.jpg

You guys crack me up... this has been a joke from the beginning lol

What part did you think is a joke? I am sorry you took it like that but no I was not joking about the job a friend offered me, but I turned it down after finding out it was a commercial job and I didn't have the license to do so.

[emoji16][emoji106]

I think you will find he hasn’t got 107!! Only registered it with FAA and is tootling off to Walmart or some such place to have a sticker printed.
Actually i got it registered with the faa and went to office depot to have the FAA label printed so i can attach it to the side of my new mavic

DJI Ferrari, like the name how did you get it? How about a pic of you with the mavic in the field? It would be great to see you enjoying the drone after all this! Good luck.

Reactions: Ynksfan27
DJI Ferrari, like the name how did you get it? How about a pic of you with the mavic in the field? It would be great to see you enjoying the drone after all this! Good luck.
UPS Saya out for delivery, I am setting up outside now for when it arrives, I have one batt charged to 30% But it will take a while before the others charged but i will upload a pic of it but i gotta warn you, the cam on my laptop is garbage and the one on my phone doesn't even work thanks to me dropping my phone last night, lo.

Reactions: PURSUER01
Sorry you feel that way but I posted this in sheer excitement that I got an offer for a drone job from a friend, but I didn't know it was actually classified as a commercial job and required a license, once I found that out here I canceled the job because I don't want to brake any laws or be irresponsible.

Not you. The post re: your 107 score. Whether you’re a troll only you know.

Not you. The post re: your 107 score. Whether you’re a troll only you know.
1st off I am a human not some make believe creature, 2nd I came on here and posted this out excitement that I had been offered a job from a family friend, but because I don't have the proper licence, I ended up turning it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu