DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2.7K vs 4K?? -- Slightly different dilemma than most

rth_07

Reactions
I know this issue has been practically beaten to death on the internet, but I have a slightly different situation when it comes to choosing 2.7k or 4k on the Mavic Pro. Most of the threads I have found say variations of the same thing: most people are not going to be watching in 4k anyway, so it's not worth the extra file size and significant interframe compression resulting in ugly flickering.

I have made my first video with the mavic at 4k and although the flickering and artifacts are definitely noticeable, I am still fairly happy with the results.

My question is this: I do have a 4k display at home and would like to upload to YouTube in 4k, however would shooting and editing in 2.7k yield better results without lowering picture quality dramatically? Would up-resing to 4k perhaps yield better results than shooting in 4k natively?

Thanks for any advice, it seems ridiculous that DJI wasn't able to make a camera that simply worked well on an otherwise fantastic drone.

Reactions: sonof40
Good question. I was told to shoot 4K at 30fps. I did and noticed the flickering and thought it was something I did. If I fly today I’m going to try and test both. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada