DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

200 MP Pano stitched after shooting in vertical mode

badshah

Reactions
Hi all,
Sharing a 200 megapixel panorama that I stitched using 48 MP pics taken in vertical (portrait) camera mode. The extent of detail is amazing when you zoom in. I could have mended the parameters (brightness, saturation, etc.) of the individual pics and stitched them better before sharing but the idea was to experiment with extent of resolution that one could capture using this mode, not the beauty of the scene per se. What do you think?

EDIT: Couldn't attach the file here due to file size limitations. Hence uploaded it to Unsplash (many sites wouldn't take the large file size!)
Check it out at this link --> Photo by B B on Unsplash
:)

Last edited:
Looks like you missed the link to your panorama.

Thanks for letting me know. That's strange. I am absolutely sure I had attached the file and then posted. Not sure if it was due to the file size that it didn't attach. Retrying now...

Reactions: scro
Thanks for letting me know. That's strange. I am absolutely sure I had attached the file and then posted. Not sure if it was due to the file size that it didn't attach. Retrying now...
That's the problem. The site wouldn't accept the 42 MB file. Let me upload it somewhere and then share the link.

not sure if it's my app viewing it but it's a pretty awful stitch viewing in a pano viewer
The flat image looks ok but where's the fun in that?

Lots of pixels, and typical level of detail when you zoom in, for what can be expected of the mini3 camera. However, the joins between pictures need some further work. For example, the vehicles on the boat ramp have plenty of duplicated sections, also the mysterious 3rd pillar on the left hand end of the bridge, just to mention 2 obvious ones. There are plenty more.

I guess the point of the exercise was to create an image with large dimensions in pixels and hence capture good levels of detail?

Last edited:
I guess the point of the exercise was to create an image with large dimensions in pixels and hence capture good levels of detail?
That's correct. This was just a quick and dirty effort to see the effectiveness of capturing in vertical mode @ 48MP and get a very high-res pano output file. Also, realized that the 'Unsplash' site unbeknownst to me chopped off the size of the uploaded file and what you see isn't what I had uploaded. Mine was around 42MB in size and 28950x6996 pixels.

Looks like the general concept works, ignoring the composition and stitching glitches. The largest file I could see for download was 16384x3959px, so you have yet more pixels to share! :p

I guess the next question is... what do you use a large image like that for?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada