DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 - Pano in vertical/portrait camera mode

badshah

Reactions
Hello experts,
I was under the impression that the latest waves of firmware updates for the Mini 3 Pro + RC activated the ability to capture pano shots in vertical/portrait mode. My unit is up-to-date with the latest firmware but when I change camera to vertical mode and then try to select pano options, it says this isn't supported. Alternatively, I went into pano option (in landscape mode) and tried pressing the C2 button to flip the camera mode, but that didn't work either.

Am I missing some config/steps/hidden activation here or am I under the wrong impression that one can take panos in vertical mode? Comments awaited...

P.S.: I am aware that I can always take individual vertical shots and then stitch them but that's not the idea. BTW, I have already tried it before the last major f/w update came in (see here --> 200 MP Pano stitched after shooting in vertical mode)

Reactions: Torque
Manually is the only way to go.
And if you have a bit of practice, it is certainly doable.

That said, I can only tell you from my experience, it is hard to do a 180 ° or even full 360 ° sphere at sunset/sunrise with moving objects and very little time frame to get it done. It's just way more repetitive in high quality to shoot automatically and certainly more comfortable.

I truly hope DJI will fix this soon and bring the full potential of the gimbal to its mean.

Manual generally feels like it works better on all DJI drones IMO. Turn on the grid so it is easy to see where to overlap each frame by 1/3.

Reactions: badshah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas