DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2018 Hawaii Volcanic Eruption Lava Flow

Paleomanjim

Reactions
Used the Mavic Mini for this video. The Island is erupting once again! The 3 year old lava is quite unstable and razor sharp as I fould out walking on it. Surface frequently gives way and your foot can break through when walking on it with large voids beneath. Much safer to just drone over it!

That is something you don't get to back to. Your house goes away - No rebuilding there!!

I see the Kilauea volcano has started erupting again. So, we may see some more volcano footage coming.

That is something you don't get to back to. Your house goes away - No rebuilding there!!

I see the Kilauea volcano has started erupting again. So, we may see some more volcano footage coming.
Yes, and most of the homes in that area are not insured because it is such a high risk zone. Many of the homes that were spared no longer have access because the roads were destroyed along with the utilities. Maps going back 60 years or more show that the majority of that whole area has been repeatedly covered in lava. Even Hilo and Kona have had flows near town from Mauna Loa over the last 100 years. The safest place is the Kohala area which is mighty nice but pricey.
Kilauea surface level has risen 50' already, that adds a lot of pressure to the underground tunnels and fractures so it may open up new fissures again downstream further east. The one in Iceland seems to be paused for now but the Canary Islands Volcano has been erupting for 13 days now and destroying a lot of homes. Seems to be a very active period lately....

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada