DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2019-01-11 Thousand Oaks Sunset

DarthSLR

Reactions
Had some clouds and no wind, so decided to take it off.

Wanted to try DJI Pilot, only to find out it does not work on iPhone XS Max, even though it had no issues starting on iPad Pro (4th gen, 2018).
So I had to go back to DJI GO 4. Originally I meant to try GoShare, but then I forgot :(
Sunset was subpar, like C+/B-, but I have managed to squeeze a couple of images and play with Hyperlapse.

Sunset (RAW, ACR)

DJI_0221-X4.jpg

Pano (RAW, ACR, PS 2019 CC PhotoMerge)

Pano-5K.jpg

Timelapse (as is)

That was another semi-fail. The battery was sub-charged (left it in the drone for a few days), and also screwed up waypoint - again. In the end, I had to cut it short since it was closing down on 4 minutes of juice, and it turned out to be too fast. Just can't figure out proper speed...

Smugmug Gallery with all those and a few more.

Reactions: Porky
You definitely take some nice photos, my passion at the mo is photography and love looking at all the pics on here, it gives you ideas plus you can learn soooooo much from it.;)

I now take all my photos in raw & bracket them (5 shots) plus I love playing around with them in post;)

I’ve still not had the chance to get my early morning sunrise photos yet, bloody weather but that’s definitely my next mission.;)

Keep your photos rolling on in this forum.;);)

Reactions: DarthSLR
You definitely take some nice photos, my passion at the mo is photography and love looking at all the pics on here, it gives you ideas plus you can learn soooooo much from it.;)

I now take all my photos in raw & bracket them (5 shots) plus I love playing around with them in post;)

I’ve still not had the chance to get my early morning sunrise photos yet, bloody weather but that’s definitely my next mission.;)

Keep your photos rolling on in this forum.;);)
Thank you!
I switched to single RAW photos. Shooting during the bright day will never give you good results anyway, and in earlier/later times of day a single RAW shot (exposed to the right) should have enough DR to handle in post, cause shadows are usually easy to pull out.
And yeah, I'm too lazy to do a morning shoot myself. :)

Thank you!
I switched to single RAW photos. Shooting during the bright day will never give you good results anyway, and in earlier/later times of day a single RAW shot (exposed to the right) should have enough DR to handle in post, cause shadows are usually easy to pull out.
And yeah, I'm too lazy to do a morning shoot myself. :)

I’m always up about 4.00am uk time so getting the sunrise shot shouldn’t be a problem, WEATHER PERMITTING........ not looking good again for this morning:rolleyes:

I’ve gone from jpg to raw recently, I was quite surprised how different they both are in post;)

I started using RAW about 12 years ago (I do landscape and model photography), never looked back.

I started using RAW about 12 years ago (I do landscape and model photography), never looked back.

I’ve seen your landscape/model photos, very impressed with them. I take it your a professional photographer?;)

I’ve seen your landscape/model photos, very impressed with them. I take it your a professional photographer?;)
Thank you, you're very kind! I'm not a pro. I'm what they call "an advanced amateur".

Nice wording;) well... I’m what you would call “total novice” but having fun trying:):)

Again no sunrise photos for me this morning, to bloody windy:rolleyes:

, but there was not really any breeze to speek of
Nice wording;) well... I’m what you would call “total novice” but having fun trying:):)

Again no sunrise photos for me this morning, to bloody windy:rolleyes:
DJI GO4 complained about high winds as I was doing hyperlapse (which I tend to ignore), but on the ground, there was not even a breeze. Got lucky tonight.

, but there was not really any breeze to speek of
DJI GO4 complained about high winds as I was doing hyperlapse (which I tend to ignore), but on the ground, there was not even a breeze. Got lucky tonight.

It’s gusty in my garden at the mo but where I fly it’s flat for miles so going by my pass experiences it’s gonna be worse plus I fly over water soooo I don’t want to take the chance;)

I will get my sunrise photo, when... I don’t know:rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.