DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

29,000 Feet Up Mount Everest with DJI Mavic 3 Pro

anotherlab

Reactions
This was posted yesterday by DJI on their YouTube channel...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sadly, while still impressive, it's not up to DJI's normal standards, when they put their name on it. Shot by an amateur videographer without much stick experience. The summit was especially disappointing, with mislabelled tags. Comments below the video on YT tell all. Arrange a reshoot by a real professional videographer pilot, to substantially increase the WOW factor. Submit your application for funding directly to DJI. LOL!

Reactions: waynorth
Two years ago Chinese climbers launched a Mavic 3 from the summit of Everest, it reached 9232.86 meters!
Here is the amazing video, very high quality as expected from DJI:

Reactions: tstr14
Haha, I can not watch the video I myself linked to here, because I do not accept to be tracked by third-party cookies :)
Oh well, search YT for DJI Mavic Everest.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Two years ago Chinese climbers launched a Mavic 3 from the summit of Everest, it reached 9232.86 meters!
Now that's much more like it!
Thanks for finding and sharing it, even if you can't rewatch it yourself!

I think both were impressive. Just the task of climbing the mountain to take drone shots impresses me.

Sadly, while still impressive, it's not up to DJI's normal standards, when they put their name on it. Shot by an amateur videographer without much stick experience.
Yeah I can cut them some slack on that - given how lucky they were to find ANYONE to go out there and do it !!

Nevertheless an interesting video. Good weather, lots of punters on the track and a difficult climb by the looks of things !

This was posted yesterday by DJI on their YouTube channel...

Racing up Mt Everest from 10 feet above the snow and rocks. Sort of failed to show the grandeur.

I believe this means DJI’s published service ceiling is wrong! They are flying WAY above it or my memory is wrong. Somewhere around 16,000 feet was what I recall. Is aircraft modified or using different props to achieve this? Battery temp flying this high in really really cold air.

I believe this means DJI’s published service ceiling is wrong! They are flying WAY above it or my memory is wrong. Somewhere around 16,000 feet was what I recall. Is aircraft modified or using different props to achieve this? Battery temp flying this high in really really cold air.
That's what I was wondering; what is a stock Mavic, or Air 3s maximum altitude?

Is aircraft modified or using different props to achieve this? Battery temp flying this high in really really cold air.
It was said that the drone that took off from Everest summit had special propellers, otherwise a stock Mavic. 3. And I suppose that they kept the batteries inside their down jackets during climbing to protect them from the extreme cold. Once they are in the air the batteries generate some heat during flying.

Sadly, while still impressive, it's not up to DJI's normal standards, when they put their name on it. Shot by an amateur videographer without much stick experience. The summit was especially disappointing, with mislabelled tags. Comments below the video on YT tell all. Arrange a reshoot by a real professional videographer pilot, to substantially increase the WOW factor. Submit your application for funding directly to DJI. LOL!
I thought the same about the graphics, they didn't quite match so they should go back and fix those.

And also about the summit; my guess is they had summit video footage but they couldn't make it work so they stuck in the simple ending and keep the video decent and not a crappy [summit] ending. The music set high expectations and if there wasn't a spectacular summit ending....

Isn't that the Mavic 3, not the Mavic 3 Pro? Better video than this latest one, but it's not the Pro and we all know what happened to the Mavic 3 how it just disappeared off the DJI radar. Seems like DJI needed a new video and the other video is it....for now. Let's send the Mavic 4 Pro up there already! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakobw1998