DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd Drone Video. Any better guys?

Reactions: kendallwb1
Very good job. I liked how you kept individual sections short enough and a the overall length about right. I also like the forward, back, and speed up, but thought you might have gotten a tiny bit carried away with it. Having a pretty girl in the vid always helps.

Very good job. I liked how you kept individual sections short enough and a the overall length about right. I also like the forward, back, and speed up, but thought you might have gotten a tiny bit carried away with it. Having a pretty girl in the vid always helps.
True! And she's my fiancee too :) I gotta include my babe haha. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: Camino Ken
Let me know if this video is any better? I enjoyed editing this one :) Let me know what you think of it! Please like the video if you liked it!
Beautiful spot but I thought you kind of overdid it a little bit with the effects and some of the panning is a little too fast and Herky jerky otherwise a beautiful video

Let me know if this video is any better? I enjoyed editing this one :) Let me know what you think of it! Please like the video if you liked it!
I "liked" the video. However, the overdone special effects were a bit annoying. On the plus side, nice flying for the most part. A bit on the long side. Terrific scenery. Somewhat repetitive scenes of the pool, the model (your very sweet looking fiancee), and other scenes were needlessly repeated. I'd edit some of those out and it would not detract a bit from the very enjoyable film.

You really need to watch where you reverse the timeline, waves going back out to sea is unnatural. I did notice in some of the shots, the whites (clouds, whitecaps on the water) were going a bit yellow, I agree with Dale in some of the repetitive scenes and the zoom transition thing was overdone, It should be limited to maximize it's effectiveness. Otherwise you have some good stuff in there, keep working on your editing, there's always something new to learn.

You really need to watch where you reverse the timeline, waves going back out to sea is unnatural. I did notice in some of the shots, the whites (clouds, whitecaps on the water) were going a bit yellow, I agree with Dale in some of the repetitive scenes and the zoom transition thing was overdone, It should be limited to maximize it's effectiveness. Otherwise you have some good stuff in there, keep working on your editing, there's always something new to learn.
I'm sorry but that was the point. Its unnatural. Catches your attention. Personally I think it looks awesome. The zoom transition is a bit overdone yeah, maybe a little. The rest I will respectfully disagree but thank you for your opinion and response.

Waves, people and cars going backwards in a video are never right, whether intentional or not. They are disturbing to watch. Best never to do that.

Waves, people and cars going backwards in a video are never right, whether intentional or not. They are disturbing to watch. Best never to do that.
Lol. Lots of people like my video. I don't think its disturbing at all and neither do lots of people. I don't know why you think that but I would have to disagree.

I didn't say I don't want your opinion, just that I disagree with it. Have you ever seen the recent movie Tenet? Half the movie is in reverse including people and cars etc. Are you going to tell Christopher Nolan that his movie is disturbing and you should never do that? Cmon guys, Im allowed to have creative license here. Its a youtube video.

I hope you know that the more you disagree and criticize the feedback the less you may receive In the future.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I hope you know that the more you disagree and criticize the feedback the less you may receive In the future.
Hey Ken, you've got a great name ???I dont mean any malintent. All of you have feedback that is good and warranted. However, I also know you can't please everyone in your creativity and art and that's okay. As a creator I have the right to pick and choose what I agree with and what I don't. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the feedback. Have a great day guys ?

Reactions: Camino Ken
I didn't say I don't want your opinion, just that I disagree with it. Have you ever seen the recent movie Tenet? Half the movie is in reverse including people and cars etc. Are you going to tell Christopher Nolan that his movie is disturbing and you should never do that? Cmon guys, Im allowed to have creative license here. Its a youtube video.
I don't mean to offend, only trying to give you useful feedback. If running a reverse timeline is part of the storyline then by all means do it. Most of everyone's drone videos are mostly about beautiful footage of beautiful places and things so there's not much of a storyline to be told except breathtaking vistas from unique vantage points.
I'm surely no George Lucas or anything. ?

Also thanks for alerting me to the yellow wave caps and clouds. That is a good point. I forgot to say that earlier.
Oh come on now, I'm sure you know lots of people who like yellow edge clouds and yellow wave caps, I bet there is a movie maker out there who has done all that on purpose and everyone loves it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej