DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd Maric (used) not functioning

OCsurfer411

Reactions
I may have gotten myself scammed. So, I lost (in a very stupid rookie accident) my first Mavic back in July while setting up to film the Lake Forest 4th of July parade.

Bought one off of Craigslist for $550. Thing looks like it's never been flown, included 3 batteries and a charger. Sync'd it to my controller no problem, and it flies, BUT the tilt isn't working, and the video feed flashes off about every 2-3 seconds consistantly. It doesn't seem able to transition out of regular flight mode no matter what I do.

I tried upgrading the firmware and it goes through the process like it's going to do it, but then fails. i've tried 3 times now.

I'm about to send it in for repair, BUT I was wondering if our community here first had some other things I could try.

And of course, the a$$hole I bought it from disappeared. Won't respond to texts, when I call it says that number not accepting calls - may have been a burner phone.

The unit and batteries look BRAND NEW, not a scratch on them, and one battery still had its stickers on it. The batteries charge to full no problem....

Help me guys.....I need to stretch my drone wings again.

OCsurfer

As far as the gimbal not tilting and the video feed flashing, that could be a few different things.

If the drone is on a table, with blades off, does the gimbal tilt using the controller?

If you pick it up and move it around, does the gimbal move too or just stay limp?

When you first turn it on, does the gimbal calibrate?

I may have gotten myself scammed. So, I lost (in a very stupid rookie accident) my first Mavic back in July while setting up to film the Lake Forest 4th of July parade.

Bought one off of Craigslist for $550. Thing looks like it's never been flown, included 3 batteries and a charger. Sync'd it to my controller no problem, and it flies, BUT the tilt isn't working, and the video feed flashes off about every 2-3 seconds consistantly. It doesn't seem able to transition out of regular flight mode no matter what I do.

I tried upgrading the firmware and it goes through the process like it's going to do it, but then fails. i've tried 3 times now.

I'm about to send it in for repair, BUT I was wondering if our community here first had some other things I could try.

And of course, the a$$hole I bought it from disappeared. Won't respond to texts, when I call it says that number not accepting calls - may have been a burner phone.

The unit and batteries look BRAND NEW, not a scratch on them, and one battery still had its stickers on it. The batteries charge to full no problem....

Help me guys.....I need to stretch my drone wings again.

OCsurfer

Have you tried to update your firmware via DJI Assistant?

As far as the gimbal not tilting and the video feed flashing, that could be a few different things.

If the drone is on a table, with blades off, does the gimbal tilt using the controller?

If you pick it up and move it around, does the gimbal move too or just stay limp?

When you first turn it on, does the gimbal calibrate?

- I tried to tilt it on the table with blades on (didn't work) but not with blades off. I'll try that.
- I didn't check that, but I will
- Yes it did...but I'll double check that as well

Maybe its a device problem?
Why does everyone go straight to firmware? EVERY firmware version works.
Need some more information to figure out what is going on here.

Maybe its a device problem?
Why does everyone go straight to firmware? EVERY firmware version works.
Need some more information to figure out what is going on here.
I have some more information. I went to try and connect via Wi-Fi only to discover that the QR code both on the wing as well as under the battery compartment is missing. There's also no device serial number.

My theory is that this is an unregistered Drone. Probably brought over illegally by the company that contract manufacturers for DJI but not directly through DJI channels.

I've examined the device closely and in every other aspect Hardware seems legitimate. It doesn't appear to be a clone or a copy, it appears to be able to admit mavic Pro, the possibly improperly or even illegally brought into the United States.

All of my attempts to contact the individual that sold it to me have failed. Further adding to my suspicions that this was fraud.

Unless there are other suggestions that check out, I think my only options are to either throw the thing away and look for another one that's legit, or send it in to DJI and I hope that they're willing to work with me to get it flying.

An answer to an earlier question, the gimbal seems to be working normally. it does it's normal calibration upon startup, and when I tilt the Drone the gimbal motor seems to operate normally to compensate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54