DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2nd Video 6 months on from the 1st :)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I struggle to condense all my footage into a short video. In your opinion what is the optimal video length when there is only 1 subject?

Reactions: Crash Gibby

so 6 months after recieving my mini im starting to progress my flying skills/confidence and unlock some creative juices. This is only my second upload. This video was shot in Northern Hungary. Great drone terrain!
Nice flying and a good circle, but overall a bit on the long side.

Reactions: CaptainSimon
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I struggle to condense all my footage into a short video. In your opinion what is the optimal video length when there is only 1 subject?
It's really impossible to make anything much of a single subject. I try to do several views and accumulate what the pros call "assets." That is, I vary my subjects, vary my media (Osmo Action, Oslo Pocket,Nikon Timelapse sequences, etc.). The optimal video length is usually around 3 minutes.

My Vimeo stats are available to me every month and it is a well known fact that the usual watch time is less than 3 minutes. More than 50% of viewers only watch the first 1-2 minutes and never finish. The "finish" rate is usually about 30% no matter how good the clip is. I try to film about 20-30 seconds, and take the best footage from that clip.NEVER bother your audience with gimbal adjustments, YAW adjustments, height adjustments, etc. Edit those out!

When I go through the daily Forum I want to scan through as fast as I can to the good stuff and I don't want to be annoyed by long, drawn out flights through canyons, over rivers, and multiple scenes of churches, etc. The stars on the forum stand out. Once every week or so we get treated to some really good videos by a very few creators.I look forward to those. Of course, there are some subjects that require a 15-20minute video such as a major adventure (African Safari, major mountain hike, etc.. We all know to expect a long reel for those.

I will stop "droning" on at this point.

Dale

Reactions: CaptainSimon
It's really impossible to make anything much of a single subject. I try to do several views and accumulate what the pros call "assets." That is, I vary my subjects, vary my media (Osmo Action, Oslo Pocket,Nikon Timelapse sequences, etc.). The optimal video length is usually around 3 minutes.

My Vimeo stats are available to me every month and it is a well known fact that the usual watch time is less than 3 minutes. More than 50% of viewers only watch the first 1-2 minutes and never finish. The "finish" rate is usually about 30% no matter how good the clip is. I try to film about 20-30 seconds, and take the best footage from that clip.NEVER bother your audience with gimbal adjustments, YAW adjustments, height adjustments, etc. Edit those out!

When I go through the daily Forum I want to scan through as fast as I can to the good stuff and I don't want to be annoyed by long, drawn out flights through canyons, over rivers, and multiple scenes of churches, etc. The stars on the forum stand out. Once every week or so we get treated to some really good videos by a very few creators.I look forward to those. Of course, there are some subjects that require a 15-20minute video such as a major adventure (African Safari, major mountain hike, etc.. We all know to expect a long reel for those.

I will stop "droning" on at this point.

Dale
Thanks for all the advice! I will certainly take it on board for my next attempt 😀

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman